Author Topic: Parts Needed for my 1952 Manhattan  (Read 1215 times)

wilhelm

• View Profile
Parts Needed for my 1952 Manhattan
« on: January 23, 2021, 06:36:53 PM »
I'm looking for a few parts for my '52 Manhattan:

1. windshield wipers
2. carburetor kit
3. flexible tubing (the 15" x 5" piece on the driver's side)  Or, is it better to buy this at a hardware store?

Can any of you (with way more experience on Kaisers than I have) help me out?  Thank you!
1952 Kaiser Manhattan
1947 Studebaker Champion
1952 Studebaker 2R-5 Pickup
1955 DeSoto Firedome
1955 DeSoto Firedome Sportsman 2-dr ht

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Parts Needed for my 1952 Manhattan
« Reply #1 on: January 23, 2021, 07:07:01 PM »
A couple questions and some ideas

1.  what is the tubing's function?  Is it part of the heater hoses?  Is it metal rather than rubber?

2.  Windshield Wipers are Trico RB-11 types and were also used on 1949-54 Chevrolet, 1949-53 Oldsmobile, 1950-53 Buick, Cadillac, 1952-54 Ford, Mercury and Nash, 1953-54 Pontiac among other makes.  Try your local NAPA jobber.  They may not necessarily have them in stock but should be able to get them from their regional warehouse.

3.  NAPA should also have the Carburetor rebuild kit.  Tneir number is 25056 which is the WCD general kit for all 1952-54 Kaiser carburetors.  DO NOT USE RUBBER seals, etc.  Use the Neophreme seals because rubber will deeteriorate due to chemical interaction with the 10% alchocol in today's  gasoline.

Hope this is helpful

rrdcorvair

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 24, 2021, 12:16:46 AM »
Are you looking for the wiper blades (the RB11's in previous post) or the wiper arms? I do have a carb rebuild kit $60 includes postage within USA.

rrdcorvair

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 24, 2021, 12:18:02 AM »
The rubberized flexible duct work is available from Clarks' Corvair in Mass.

wilhelm

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: January 24, 2021, 08:58:02 PM »
Pictured is the broken flexible tubing and its location under the hood that I am trying to replace.

I meant to say I just want the blades for the wipers, not the arms.

NAPA gives several numbers for wiper blades and say they are "not-fitted, universal fit."  So, any of those will work?  They also say that 25056 isn't the right kit for my Manhattan.  Should I still consider ordering 25056 anyway? 

How do I know if the kit I order has no rubber in it?  (Thanks for that tip, KF Library! Does your kit use neoprene or rubber, rdcorvair?

To all of you:  Thanks a million for your answers!
1952 Kaiser Manhattan
1947 Studebaker Champion
1952 Studebaker 2R-5 Pickup
1955 DeSoto Firedome
1955 DeSoto Firedome Sportsman 2-dr ht

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: January 25, 2021, 11:41:35 AM »
My information on the carb kit comes from a NAPA-based interchange publication put out by  a now deceased member.  The important thing here is that any repair or overhaul kits for an item that comes in contact with gasoline should not have rubber seals, fittingsd or hoses (and the flexible fuel line s where applicable) should not be rubber.  The 10% ethenol is enough to attach and break down the rubber by chemical reaction.   You might want to check with Larry Barker in Arizona for help on this.

rrdcorvair

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 14, 2021, 05:19:08 PM »
I have to correct myself on the flex duct work from Clarks Corvair, they only go up to 4 inch.  BUT I found, and bought, 5 inch ducting that is EXACTLY what we need for our cars from 'Bob's Automobilia' located in Templeton, California.  It's about $16 a foot.  I bought 6 feet and waited until it arrived to be sure.  They primarily supply Buick parts.  The website is  www.bobsautomobilia.com so check it out.  They also have listed a door latch repair kit for 39-48 Buicks that might be right for our cars.  I've seen people asking about repairing broken door latches so doors close and latch, check it out.  Mike and I may have also found a source of those 'stainless steel' capped bumper bolts... website www.restorationspecialties.com.
« Last Edit: February 14, 2021, 05:23:49 PM by rrdcorvair »