Author Topic: Weather stripping  (Read 1728 times)

jondoc

• View Profile
    • Email
Weather stripping
« on: April 05, 2020, 10:39:10 PM »
     Probably a well worn question BUT does ANYBODY have any ideas for weather strip for the windshield, rear, and side glass (full rear 1/4 windows  not two piece), and doors for a '53 Henry J???? Spoke with Rudy in San Diego but $1000 is a bit stiff for me and that's JUST for the windows - all. Not doors or trunk. I'm a newbie here and have recently acquired a '53 J car. I'm sorry but I'm not a purist - it's in good shape BUT it's on a shortened '89 Chev S-10 with a '92 V-6 and a 5 speed.  Would appreciate any and all responses about outlets and some hood front chrome trim in decent shape. Any and all helpful tips will be helpful too!
      Also need all glass except the rear window - patterns maybe??? Wiring harness? If I have to use a universal, how many circuits should I get?
     72 Years old and on a bit of a limited "Extra Money" funding.

Thanx Oodles and Scads, Jon     I'm at:  jondoc323@hotmail.com

kidd65

• View Profile
Re: Weather stripping
« Reply #1 on: December 22, 2023, 06:28:23 AM »
Your post was three and a half years ago so maybe this information is no longer useful to you.

I got all my new glass from Bob's Auto Glass at 1-800-624-2130,  bobsclassicautoglass.com

I did a chassis swap on my '52 Henry J before I ever heard of the S-10 swap. The S-10 chassis is a pretty popular choice now. My car is on a '78 Corvette chassis that was stretched four inches. We ran into steering problems so we bought the Mustang II subframe kit from Full Tilt Street Rods in Colorado.

I bought my weather stripping from a guy named Parker many years ago. I heard he was closing his business so I bit the bullet and paid the price. I have not installed the windshield yet because I don't have the center piece. I found one in Arkansas from a guy who served in the same place I did in Vietnam. We can't seem to get off the phone when we talk.
1952 Henry J
1946 Ford 1-ton dump
1940 Ford standard coupe