Author Topic: Wanted:'48 Kaiser parts car or ID tags  (Read 2540 times)

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
Wanted:'48 Kaiser parts car or ID tags
« on: August 04, 2012, 04:43:25 PM »
My body shop screwed me and shut the doors. I had to fight just to get my car back but lost a bunch of things in the process including the ID tags. I guess they took them off for paint and never put them back on. So I'm looking for a parts car that is close enough to Virginia that I can buy or if someone has a car that's never going to be on the road again anyway that would sell me the ID tags.

Thanks,
Kory

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Wanted:'48 Kaiser parts car or ID tags
« Reply #1 on: August 04, 2012, 05:45:25 PM »
Kory, I'm pretty sure I have a data tag for one here. If I can just remember where it is...  If I find it, I'll let you know.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 04, 2012, 07:46:10 PM »
That would be great. Just let me know.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 04, 2012, 11:04:27 PM »
Kory, I did some heavy contemplating and made a good guess at where I would've put all the tags we pulled off junked cars over the years. I found them! You have a couple to choose from and if you want to be sneaky and upgrade your car to a 1947 Custom, I  even have some tags for one of those! Actually, I want to keep the tags off the Custom, but I have two from K481, (1948 Kaisers) -

I think you may have mentioned that your car is the beige color? I have that tag as you can see.  The green tag is off 1948 Kaiser that we stripped in 1971. My dad bought the car for $25 to get the radio for our '48 Custom and the  engine was used in a 1951 Frazer we were restoring. I even have a picture of the car it came out of -
!
A sad face on it even in 1971. Nice radio and engine though and you couldn't beat the price.
Here it is after being stripped out and you can see the '51 Frazer that got the engine right next to it in this shot -

Anyway, I have the data tag and the serial tag for that green one. Unfortunately, I only have the data tag for the beige one but I don't think there's anything that ties the data tag to the serial tag so you could probably use it for either.
The black tag is interesting - under Model it says "471." I'm going to assume, and kaiserfrazerlibrary correct me if I'm wrong, that it's for  a 1947 Frazer standard. There's no "F" in front of it and the body number is 32554. It's Trim Code 642 which I don't see these numbers listed in the hand book anywhere. Another thing that's strange is there is no "AG" column on these early tags.
If you don't feel comfortable posting your address here, send me a private message and I'll get you the one you want.
« Last Edit: August 14, 2012, 04:07:32 PM by Fid »
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 04, 2012, 11:13:55 PM »
Update, I just flipped those tags over and looked at the back. My dad, being the great record keeper that he is, taped notes on the back. The black tag says "From Frazer buried in creek at Elk Creek, Nebraska November 1970" - I remember that car and pulling some parts off it but I don't remember him pulling the tag but obviously he did. The beige one is marked the same only it was Kaiser in a school yard in Elk Creek.
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 05, 2012, 06:05:30 AM »
I'd love to have the beige one. I'm going to send you a pm right now.

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 05, 2012, 12:36:28 PM »
O.K so FID has very kindly solved my ID tag problem. I still would be interested in a parts car to reference and guide me through putting mine back together though. So if anyone has one or knows of one near Virginia I'd appreciate it.