Author Topic: The Club Historian & Bulletin Editor are moving  (Read 1304 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
The Club Historian & Bulletin Editor are moving
« on: September 29, 2015, 07:09:22 AM »
Barbara's employer offered her a job transfer she could not refuse.  As noted in the last couple issues of KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN, we are going to the Seattle WA area.  The last of the furniture gets packed on September 30th & we will be out later that day.  The plan is to drive from Buffalo NY to Seattle.  It's an easy drive on paper in that we catch Interstate 90 in Buffalo & take that all the way to Seattle where it ends at the Interstate 5 interchange not far from our temporary digs while we look for a new place.  Our temporary address is in the October 2015 Bulletin.  Our ETA for Seattle is the afternoon of October 6th (a week from today). 

We used shipping pods for the move & there was a lot of stuff we could not take (as of last night, we are down to only the Impala).  My car archives made the pod but not the equivalent of ten 18 gallon tubs of K-F parts including a lot of accessory items; those of you who saw the basement of the KY house when we lived there will understand just how much stuff was lost.  As load space was not known until the pods arrived the end of last week there was no time to run an ad in the Bulletin or otherwise try and let people know about it being available.  All of the stuff to be disposed of left my possession yesterday (Monday).  I didn't want to lose it all but there was nothing that could be done.

Effective today, my phone for things K-F would be 716-250-8944.   Email address has not changed; I should be able to check it while on the road & at the temporary place in Seattle.   As all the archive material was boxed weeks ago, there is not much I can do until such time as we move into regular housing and get the shelving back up but I do have things on my laptop. 

If we make it through the mountains without problem with snow, I expect I won't see the white stuff for some time, except in pictures or on TV.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: The Club Historian & Bulletin Editor are moving
« Reply #1 on: September 29, 2015, 07:32:39 AM »
Sounds great. It's a nice thing to be able to travel around in one's lifetime and see the different parts of the US. 

No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 29, 2015, 12:07:42 PM »
The October 2015 Bulletin went out today from the Lancaster NY post office.  I took it myself this morning.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 29, 2015, 10:12:04 PM »
We've been to Seattle several times, including the shuttle run down to the KFOCI National Convention in 2015.  The unexplored territory is along the sound from the airport down and around to Tacoma.  Barbara's office will be in Federal Way which is between the sound and I-5 just a bit to the north of Tacoma.

DaveF

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 30, 2015, 11:01:22 PM »
Welcome to the Pacific Northwest....... If you ever travel 90-miles north please let me know as I would be delighted to host you for coffee and a ride in my Kaiser.

Dave Friedman #10113  Bellingham, Washington

Henry's HenryJs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: October 01, 2015, 07:43:26 AM »
Have a safe and fun trip. Hope you have good dry weather on the way.
2-51 HenryJ's, 57 wagon 408"BB with 14' Bonair travel trailer,71 Nova 355"SB, 07 2500HD with 26.5 Prowler 5th wheel travel trailer, CDN coordinator for ChevyTalk
http://www.picturetrail.com/gallery/view?username=h