Author Topic: HJ motor mounts removal?  (Read 1297 times)

dtwbcs

• View Profile
    • Email
HJ motor mounts removal?
« on: January 22, 2023, 04:43:17 PM »
Trying to replace the motor mounts on my 52 Henry J. How do I remove and reinstall new ones?

dtwbcs

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: HJ motor mounts removal?
« Reply #1 on: January 22, 2023, 04:45:41 PM »
Do I need to remove the top blue mount? Or the bottom black mount? Or both of them?
I tried to jack the front of the car up but I was not able to get enough clearance to pull out the worn motor mount??
Thanks, DANNY

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: January 23, 2023, 07:20:37 AM »
Remove the large nuts that secure the mounts to the engine as well as the two (on each mount) that secure the mount to the frame post. Then, lift the engine just enough to slide the old mounts out. When you install the new mounts, loosely install the top nut while the engine is still lifted and then slowly set the engine back in place. Make sure the lower mount and frame holes line up and drop the bolts in before completely setting the engine back in place. Tighten all nuts and bolts.

You can lift the engine using a floor jack and block of wood. Place the block of wood at the front of the engine, either under the harmonic balancer or at where the front of the oil pan is bolted to the engine. It might be necessary to remove the lower radiator hose to get the engine to lift high enough.

dtwbcs

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 23, 2023, 08:57:36 AM »
Thanks ! Mounts changed out.