Author Topic: 1953 Kaiser Manhattan starter motor  (Read 2261 times)

Robert Wadman

• View Profile
    • Email
1953 Kaiser Manhattan starter motor
« on: August 10, 2012, 06:15:25 PM »
I'm looking for a 1953 Kaiser starter motor.  The drive gear housing on my starter motor is broken.  I need to find the housing, but will buy a complete starter in necessary.  Also is the new high velocity 12 volt starter ok to use in my Kaiser which is still has a 6 volt system?

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 Kaiser Manhattan starter motor
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 10:36:10 PM »
If you have a NAPA<AUTO ZONE type store in your area they can send it out and get it repaired or if you are mechanically inclined and have the tools the drive is available thru Rudy PhillipsWalkers KW Auto supply and NAPA.  there are all of the necessary part numbers listed in the Kaiser Parts Interchange and Sources Catalog for your car stick shift or automatic.

Robert Wadman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 11, 2012, 09:18:53 AM »
I took the original starter motor to a Generator Rebuilding shop in Salt Lake City.  They called me a couple days later and said they couldn't find the "Drive Housing Cover."  This is the thick metal piece that connects to the starter motor and wraps around the drive gear. It eposes the drive gear area that fits against the flywheel gear teeth and holds drive line of the starter motor in place.  This part on my starter motor was broken and a big chunk of it is missing.  The generator shop said they could weld it back together if I had the other piece that broke off, but I don't have it.  The shop is searching, but complained that it was taking too much time and asked if I could do the leg work in finding the part.  I will try the locations you suggested.  With weekend, they are closed until Monday. Bob

dusty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2012, 05:19:05 PM »
SORRY FOR THE MISUNDERSTANDING, I'll look in the batch of starters i have and will send one if &20.00 will be ok? +$5.00 for freight

Robert Wadman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2012, 05:58:17 PM »
That would be great.  I think your price is very reasonable.  Let me know how you would like to be paid.  My mailing address is as follows:
Robert bWadman, P.O. Box 971, Eden, Utah.  If the shipping is more than your estimate, please let me know and I will make up the difference.
I will need your address and phone to follow up.  If you would rather call me, my home phone number is (801) 745-0599.  Thanks again,
Bo

dusty

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2012, 01:09:04 PM »
ROBERT , ONE LAST THING, IS YOUR CAR A HYDRO OR STICK? THE HYDRO STARTER MOTOR # IS 1107126    THE STICK SHIFT # IS 1107125 IT MAKES A DIFFERENCE .  THE 1952's WERE DIFFERENT ALSO . LET ME KNOW AND ONE WILL BE ON THE WAY  mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com  also i need your ZIP Code and your check is fine after you get the part.                                                           

Robert Wadman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2012, 02:03:13 PM »
Dusty:
    My Kaiser is a Hydro.  Thanks again.
Bob