Author Topic: trunk weatherstrip, '53 Kaiser  (Read 1314 times)

jmxkf1

• View Profile
    • Email
trunk weatherstrip, '53 Kaiser
« on: June 19, 2012, 10:21:03 PM »
Hi!   I'm installing the weatherstrip around the trunk and on the edge of the trunk lid and can't find pictures of how far the rubber comes down in the trunk groove to the bottom.  All the way to each edge in the corners?   And how long is the rubber on the lid, all the way across edge to edge?   thanks,  Jim

dpledger

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: trunk weatherstrip, '53 Kaiser
« Reply #1 on: June 22, 2012, 09:56:37 PM »
This seems to have changed from the '51 to the '53 shop manual. The '51 shows the ends stopping where the bottom channel runs through, whereas the '53 shows them going all the way down to the bottom of each corner. I have always followed the '53 picture. How wide the lid strip is will depend on where you bring the body strip-if all the way to the bottom then the lid strip to just fit between the ends. otherwise along the whole length. In either case it should meet the other strip to form a continuous barrier.

jmxkf1

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: trunk weatherstrip, '53 Kaiser
« Reply #2 on: June 25, 2012, 10:23:08 PM »
I ran the trunk strip down into the corners because with the lid closed you can't see the edge of the weatherstrip.   The strip on the trunk was a used piece of rubber and it went out to the edges.  When I closed it  the fit was a bit tight so I may need to shorten the ones on the trunk up a bit.   Thanks!