Author Topic: Dealership Window Stickers  (Read 2449 times)

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Dealership Window Stickers
« on: November 30, 2012, 12:20:25 PM »
Did Kaiser dealers ever post information about a vehicle in their side windows - Price, Accessories or MPG??
I have never seen one.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: Dealership Window Stickers
« Reply #1 on: November 30, 2012, 12:25:47 PM »
Guess I should have looked on Wikipedia first.   So it was not a requirement until 1959. 

The Automobile Information Disclosure Act of 1958 was passed in June 1958 by Congress and took effect in January 1959. It was sponsored by Oklahoma Senator Almer Stillwell "Mike" Monroney, after whom the resulting "Monroney sticker" was named.

The law requires that all new automobiles carry a sticker on a window containing important information about the vehicle, including:

The manufacturer's suggested retail price (MSRP)
Engine and transmission specifications
Standard equipment and warranty details
Optional equipment and pricing
City and highway fuel economy ratings, as determined by the Environmental Protection Agency
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 30, 2012, 02:31:25 PM »
While there was no Federal law (the window sticker of today which actually began with the 1958 model year cars), quite a few dealers posted prices of cars in their windows; Kaiser-Frazer dealers were no exceptions.

Dealers working with Commercial Investment Trust (forerunner of CITI) received sticker sheets that they could fill out with prices, standard equipment and accessory items.  I have samples for both 1952 and 1953 Kaisers.

There were also window cards where dealers could write information and prices in.  The active Minnesota Region group re-printed the type of tag Mr. English used on his retail new cars at Northwest K-F in Minneapolis.  I have one for the Kaiser Deluxe.

If the neighboring new car dealerships, K-F dealers tended to also post prices; otherwise you had to ask.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 30, 2012, 02:42:49 PM »
If you could scan and email me examples of those that would be great.  We are discussing using something like this in the 2014 National in Puyallup Washington ... sort of carrying on our "KF Dealers" theme.  THANKS JACK
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 30, 2012, 03:39:13 PM »
The CIT items will go over the weekend.  The Kaiser Deluxe card will have to be dug out of the merchandising items collection framed for display.

There are a lot of interesting desler display items I still have and we found the two silk-screen showroom banners (1 for 1952 Kaiser, worlds safest front seat and the 1954 Kaiser with no car showing).  It turned up in the box that had the 1947 Frazer Lap Robe that came from the son of Leo MacKay, head of K-F Purchasing.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 02, 2012, 10:08:20 AM »
Jim,

I just tried sending you the material to the starband.com address and it did not go thrugh.  This is what I had in the address book.  Can you please email me new address.  Thanks.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: December 02, 2012, 10:53:00 AM »
Will do
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster