Author Topic: 47 frazer manhattan  (Read 2573 times)

Adam47manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email
47 frazer manhattan
« on: August 30, 2012, 11:17:24 AM »
Hello

This is my first post here, I am finally starting the restoration of my 47 Frazer and am in need of a motor. I don't want go the 350 route and change the originality of the vehicle please help locate one. I am in Winston Salem NC and would travel 150 miles if needed maybe more depending on the distance. Any advise or local shop recommendations would be great..... Looking forward to getting this beautiful vehicle back on the road and out of the jaws of a crusher!!!! Thank you in advance.

Adam P.
Adam Puentes
member #10498

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: 47 frazer manhattan
« Reply #1 on: August 30, 2012, 11:38:55 AM »
Welcome aboard ... Love 47 Frazers.
Here is a link to some online information for you
http://circlekf.com/kfcars/kfmodyr47.html
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 30, 2012, 06:03:24 PM »
Hi Adam...good to see you've surfaced! Haven't seen you in many years.  Check out my web site.
Don't have an engine but maybe a few more goodies for your car!

Mike

www.tarheelkf.com
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 12:54:50 PM »
Adam, you should be aware that a SIGNIFICANT re-design of the 226 engine took place during the 1947 model year, and that wiring, fuel line,exhaust  and other connections changed as a result (along with various engine parts).  Since you did not specify which type you may need, I have posted two pictures.  The first shows the original version of the 226 used in some earlier production Frazer and Frazer Manhattans; the exhaust pipe attached at the exhaust manifold at the front area of the block and the single-action fuel pump is mounted on the side of the block at rear.  The second shows a car being worked on in the company garage; This is the later type of 1947 engine with exhaust pipe hooking up to the manifold in the center area of the block (directly below the carb area) and a fuel pump on the side of the block up front.

Also, is there a tank with provision for rubber hose line attachments inside the right fender area of the car?  This will help identify if your fuel pump is single-stage or double stage.  Manhattans used both.   You can check this out in the KFOCI HANDBOOK Version 4.0 CD under the area on 1947 Frazer Manhattans for additional info.

Remember that KFOCI members get free ads in KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN and there is a Wanted section for needs like this.  You should also be looking for the blue/black cover 1947-48-49 factory shop manual and the 1948 issue ILLUSTRATED factory parts list covering the 1947 and 1948 model year cars; this was the first illustrated factory parts book issued that covered 1947 model year cars.
« Last Edit: August 31, 2012, 01:05:21 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

Adam47manhattan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 09, 2012, 01:14:20 PM »
Mine was the early engine, I found a Studebaker engine will that bolt up?
Adam Puentes
member #10498

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 09, 2012, 04:45:29 PM »
The Studebaker engine will bolt up to the transmission since both used Borg Warner units, however, I'm not sure of the length and height of the Stude engine and it's fit in the engine compartment. I'm sure motor mounts would need fabricated.