Author Topic: For Sale: 1951 Jeepster  (Read 1503 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
For Sale: 1951 Jeepster
« on: November 18, 2012, 10:46:41 AM »
Well, I have finally decided to part company with my 51 Jeepster. While I'd like to keep it and drive it next summer, I have other priorities and would like to find a new home for it. I am asking $5500 for it and here's what I've done since acquiring it nearly 5 years ago...
New:
- Brakes including lines, hoses, wheel cylinders (all), hardware, master cylinder and brake light switch.
- Emergency brake cables (front and rear), as well as the equalizer yoke.
- New engine with all new gaskets. It has the F-head 6 in it.
- Water pump, fuel pump, points, condenser, rotor, cap, wires, and plugs.
- Rebuilt carburetor, replaced all lines (fuel and vacuum).
- Fuel tank, filler neck and jumper hose, clamps, float, and straps. New gas pedal, clutch and brake pedal pads (not yet installed).
- Voltage regulator. The starter and generator were cleaned, checked and repainted. New ignition and headlight switches.
- Hoses, clamps, and fan belt.
- Tires (new 6.70x15 wide whites), including spare. New hubcaps too.
- Some new chrome including belt line, front grille, tail light assemblies, hood ornament. Some installed, some still in wrappers.

Needs:
- Interior refreshed. All of the seats are there but are mismatched. Easy replacement as you have the old for patterns.
- Top. It's all there but worn. Again, it's complete so it's a pattern for a new one. Any upholstery shop can easily duplicate.
- Side curtains. I only have the rears and they're patterns for new.
- Overdrive hooked up. I intentionally left it out of the electrical loop to ensure everything else works. It does.

The Jeepster is equipped, as mentioned, with the f-head 6 engine and overdrive, a combination only present on the later units. It also has a radio and heater. The radio lights but doesn't play. The body is solid but has had the floors patched. It needs a little around the edges but is very presentable as-is. Excellent frame and suspension. Exhaust is complete and good. The pictured spare is now on a correct Jeepster rim and the pictured throttle linkage has been replaced with the correct assembly.

The Jeepster runs and drives but hasn't been driven more than 10 miles since 1961 when placed into storage in West Virginia. I replaced the engine and all of the other items above and have driven it around the block several times. Aside from the upholstery work, a good weekend's worth of attention and you'll have a good driver.

Again, I am asking $5500 for the car but would entertain a trade for an early 47 Kaiser (car with prop rods for hood/trunk) in similar condition. Must run and at least lot drive, interior and chrome condition unimportant. Would include/take cash as a part up/down trade too. I bought this car for my now ex-wife...she's gone so the car needs to go too! Located near Cleveland, OH. More pix available.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: For Sale: 1951 Jeepster
« Reply #1 on: November 18, 2012, 11:19:25 AM »
Nice looking rig!!!
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster