Author Topic: Three Kaiser 2-Doors for $2500  (Read 3080 times)

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
Three Kaiser 2-Doors for $2500
« on: January 17, 2019, 08:02:04 AM »
Here is a really good looking deal for someone close by to Akron Ohio -- three 2-doors for $2500, ad is on the AACA forum:  https://forums.aaca.org/topic/314912-2-1951-kaiser-coupes-plus-one-1953-price-reduction/

DISCLAIMER: I don't know anything about these cars or the seller, just passing on information.
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Three Kaiser 2-Doors for $2500
« Reply #1 on: January 17, 2019, 09:00:52 AM »
From the post - 

We have to have everything moved off the property by March 1st.    Major price reduction.  $2500 for everything.    And if you don't want the 1953 that's real rough, that's fine.   Just take the 2 good ones and all the extra parts.       The green one has a clear title, ready to go.   For the maroon one we will get a title through the probate court, but it will take a couple months.    Can split up and sell for $1250 each too.   

I think these cars get crushed or sent for scrap.   That's too bad.  Due to the high cost of transport and limited space, I don't know any of 'us' that can take these cars. 

These 2 door Kaisers are interesting. I always liked them because the company was 4 doors only for a long time. 
No old cars owned.

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 17, 2019, 09:24:04 AM »
I just noticed even the 53 is a 2 door model, looks like the shadow of Kaiser Deluxe on the front fender. 

Of the 3, I would take the maroon car.  I like that color and hope it is an original color offered, even though one might likely need to redo everything. 

I applaud this seller, assisting the estate, but don't see anyone coming to get that spare motor.  As I understand it, unless I am getting confused by all the photos and descriptions, the green car has a Hydramatic. This makes it a bit more interesting in that would have been a major option in 1951.  Making that perhaps the most interesting buy, especially with a NOS hood.  I personally would want that hood put on at the site, and toss the bondo one, but I am sure the estate agent K8096 would not like that. 

Just not sure there are any collectors out there that are going to go in there for any amount of money and "help" this estate out by clearing all things Kaiser from the property, probably even for free.  If a person lived 30 miles away and would take everything, you would need an acreage or rural property to place all 3 cars and parts.  Thiose kinds of folks already have dozens of cars.  That is why I often say that old cars are not scarce, there is a surplus in the U.S.
No old cars owned.

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 17, 2019, 09:52:17 AM »
Wow, photos can be deceiving but the bodies look solid & it almost looks like they'd shine up nicely with a bit of compound. Far and away where most of the restoration cost would normally go.

Seems like a bargain to me, looks like one "keeper" and one "seller". Anyone not getting the lot might find later they passed on a part they badly need.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 17, 2019, 10:51:45 AM »
I'd take them.  I'm just down the road, but unfortunately the funds are not available at the moment:-(
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: January 17, 2019, 06:04:34 PM »
Correction - both 51s are club coupes, making them rare machines and enemy opinion worth the asking price.

I am going to be in Akron tomorrow so I will try to stop and take a closer look at the cars. I absolutely do not need any more projects, but...

I'll report on my findings.
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 07:35:47 PM by joefrazer »

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 17, 2019, 06:23:00 PM »

I am going to be in Akron tomorrow so I will try to stop and take a closer look at the cars. I absolutely do not need any more projects, but...

I'll report on my findings.

Joe, if you do get over there, and the Packard is at the same location, could you take a quick look at it for me? Main thing is body condition as far as rust.

Thanks, Paul
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:33:48 PM by r1lark »
Paul
Winston-Salem NC

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: January 17, 2019, 07:07:12 PM »
I spoke to the seller and the Packard is still on the premises. They're located on a lot that's been sold and new owners are currently remodeling the house...with the barn and other storage up next, which is why the cars need moved.

I will be looking at the cars tomorrow (Friday).

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 17, 2019, 08:56:03 PM »
I'd take them.  I'm just down the road, but unfortunately the funds are not available at the moment:-(

Noah
Can you provide storage so we can get them off that property? 
The seller is asking $2500 but the closer it gets to March, the lower the price.  I hate to be a bottom dweller but I think all of these could be had for a lot less than $2500. 
No old cars owned.

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 17, 2019, 09:29:37 PM »
I’ll see how it goes with “ JoeFrazer” as he had the chance to make contact before me and is more knowledgeable. But I do have potential places to store. I just told him if others passed them up, I don’t want to see them scrapped due to any time constraints...Be sure to Drive Safe tomorrow JoeFrazer!!!!
« Last Edit: January 17, 2019, 09:32:10 PM by njpatera »
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: January 18, 2019, 04:29:00 PM »
Just back from a closer look at the cars. The pictures on the AACA site do a good job of representing them...the maroon car is the best of the lot. The green car shows evidence of past body work around the rear wheel wells and some minor rust in a few other places but I think it would be an easy cleanup. The interiors in both cars are trash, the seats are either down to the springs or are full of mouse remnants. Not insurmountable given the availability of most material today.

The maroon car has a foot diameter area on the hood where the paint peeled. It looks like a carb backfire but there's no evidence of it on the underside so the hood would need repainted. This car is also mostly disassembled - probably when it was painted about 20 years ago and it looks like most of the parts are with the car, but I wouldn't count on it.

Both cars are well worth saving. Club Coupes are not common and to have two available from the same seller is even more uncommon.

I did not see the parts car - it was in another area of the barn and I did not have access given the winter weather.

The Packard looks solid - the pictures provided show the car as I saw it but I was only able to look at it briefly as the home owner was getting ready to leave the property and wanted to lock up. I think the seller wants $7K for the car, I'd say a bit less.

Someone needs to save these cars. I have too many projects now or I'd own one of them today.

MAG473

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 18, 2019, 04:52:09 PM »
Were the floors rusty or any rust holes?

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: January 18, 2019, 05:17:47 PM »
Both cars appeared to have solid floors. I opened the doors and stepped on the floor boards and they felt solid. The trunk floors in both cars looked good, although both had spare parts piled in them...but from what I could see there were no holes.

The dash pads in both cars were intact from what I could see, but as I mentioned earlier, the seats themselves were going to need completely recovered. There were no door panels attached to the doors and both cars need headliners.

The tires are holding air and I assume both roll as they've been moved from their original resting places. I tried to turn the engines by spinning the fan blade but the fan belts were too loose.

Lighting was terrible in the barn but I did manage to snap a couple of pictures.

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 19, 2019, 06:22:05 AM »
joefrazer, thank you for checking out the Packard, as well as the Kaisers.
Paul
Winston-Salem NC

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 20, 2019, 06:19:35 PM »
What are anybody's thoughts on this scenario?   I read Jim's comments and it sounds like there is little interest from what interest there might be on the AACA Forum.  We all know that the Buy/Sell section of forums seldom result in sales and movement of vehicles.

For this fellow who is assisting the estate to MOVE these cars, he would need to run CL ads and ebay auctions.  It does not seem as if he wants to do that, but maybe he would around February 1.  (That's too bad as it means a potential bidder has to deal with a time sensitive removal)

It's curious the seller assister K8096 has not posted anything here. 

What happens if the "deadline" approaches and no one buys them at any price?  So far the seller has been able to sell a couple of cars. But he has a few that no one likely wants, including the 53 - and a Volvo.  He probably has a contigency plan to simply to take the cars and parts to a crusher.  There would be a date certain that he could not accept even an offer because the buyer would need to have the resources to actually pull a complicated move off, probably need a solid electric winch and maybe a helper. 

I don't have the room for either one, but can always make room if I have a bit of time.  I have the money, but not $2500. The cars are worth it. I am 99% sure he could get $1000 or so for each, probably to hot rodders who like this body style but not the four doors.  I'm more of an "original" guy but with the fixed B pillar, these would make excellent hot rods.  But K8096 has to put them on ebay.

Anybody want the green one?

No old cars owned.