Author Topic: CALENDAR IN FORUM  (Read 4033 times)

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
CALENDAR IN FORUM
« on: February 08, 2015, 03:02:45 PM »
One would think that the Calender would have information about upcoming meets, either local or national.
But NO!

Listed are birthdays by Forum ID's.
Fortunately, mine is not.

While some are cryptic, some are actual names.

In today's day and age, considering personal security, I do not believe this is a good idea.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
Re: CALENDAR IN FORUM
« Reply #1 on: February 12, 2015, 07:17:21 PM »
We NEED to make the website calendar of upcoming events accurate. The calendar only shows 2014 listings (wish I could set the "way-back" machine). What's our future look like?
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: February 14, 2015, 03:41:10 PM »
Fortunately we have frequent, accurate and detailed information every month in our Bulletin.  Our Calendar is to showcase members cars and is printed often before next years events are finalized.  Anything else is a bonus and is placed there for your interest but because it is printed so far in advance of actual events it is wise to use our Bulletins for accurate information on events.  Birthdays are often printed in the Bulletin's also.  If you wish to be excluded please contact the editor
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Terry T

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: February 14, 2015, 04:37:52 PM »
Great point about printed before schedules are set.

The Bulletin is fine for members, but for those non-members who are interested in going to a meet are left clueless.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: February 14, 2015, 04:53:22 PM »
Great feedback!

While it is true that meet schedules change so printing them in the calendar might not make sense, it would be a good idea to include our website address. I'll make sure that happens with next year's edition.

Having our website address included, and a calendar of events posted on the site, folks with access will have the latest information at hand. I will ask our webmaster to ensure the latest meet schedule is posted.

Some insight, I regularly hear from non-members who want to come to a meet to see what they're all about. While some of our events are for members, the car show and the chance to chat with the car owners is open to anyone. This is one of the best ways to boost membership and when those non-members contact me, I steer them to a meet nearby. Without fail, if they attend, they end up joining the club.

Thanks again for your thoughts.

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: February 14, 2015, 06:58:24 PM »
Terry is talking about the calendar you access thru the website forum. Gordie is talking about the printed calendar that is mailed to members. I was talking about the list of events calendar you can access from the website home page.

My point is that most non-members only know of the website and it should be and easily can be as up-to-date as the monthly bulletin. When you click on the link "KFOCI Events" on the home page, it shows 2014 events. Why isn't it current?
« Last Edit: February 14, 2015, 07:02:39 PM by Aeroman »
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
aeroman@aol.com
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

flamingchariots

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: February 16, 2015, 07:20:33 PM »
I agree that the ONLINE events schedule should be kept up.  Just tonight I was seeking information about the convention in Gettysburg that is scheduled for the end of July.  I was lucky to find this topic, but that still doesn't help much for the type of information I am looking for.  I am trying to vacation plan and fit things in.

One thing that Aeroman pointed out is that there IS a KF home page.  When I am navigating the net, I frequently come to the forum home page; I had forgotten about the KFclub home page.  And (as was pointed out), there  is not a shred of current convention information.  Where can I find a daily "events" schedule?

I would guess that no one wants to volunteer the time (or has the skill) to keep the website current?
Not meant to be overt criticism; just observing and expressing frustration...

Kevin
Medina, OH

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: February 16, 2015, 08:02:11 PM »
The updated website now contains email addresses, birthdays and age of members on the calendar.  Do we really want all of this information on each member published in such an unprotected way?  I sure don't want my information there!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Terry T

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: February 17, 2015, 07:51:39 AM »
YOU ARE SO CORRECT!!

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: February 17, 2015, 09:31:24 PM »
Gordie's last comment refers to the calendar in the forum. Flamingchariots was referring to the KFOCI list of events on Club's home page, of which this forum is part of the website. These are two different, unrelated things.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
aeroman@aol.com

Chris Luecht

• Administrator
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Jaxcham2
    • View Profile
    • Willow Run KF Parts - NOS, NEW, & USED Parts for Kaiser, Frazer, Henry J, & Darrin
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: February 17, 2015, 11:04:29 PM »
The list of 2015 events has now been added to the club's main website, kfclub.com  As our president has already mentioned, the club's website is undergoing some new and exciting changes for 2015.  Some of the functions and/or pages may be temporarily disabled over the next few days to allow for these changes.  Please bear with us during this time, I can assure you that some great stuff is on the way!
Christopher Luecht
KFOCI Life Member LM8866
Webmaster: http://www.kfclub.com
Email: webmaster@kfclub.com

Willow Run KF Parts
http://www.KFparts.com