Author Topic: Kaiser Frazer sign.  (Read 954 times)

handyandymla

• View Profile
    • Email
Kaiser Frazer sign.
« on: March 02, 2015, 02:12:40 PM »
My dad, an Oldsmobile dealer at the time, picked up up the Kaiser Frazer line in the late 40's.  I have a Kaiser Frazer service sign from his dealership.  I think it's the porcelain metal style, a little over 4' in diameter.  It was only used outside for a short time, as I don't think he had the KF line for that long (the best I can remember, as I was pre-school age at the time).  It's been stored inside ever since then.  It's in mint condition.  I have a couple of questions:  Any idea what it might be worth, and how would I go about selling it?  Any advice would be greatly appreciated. 

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Kaiser Frazer sign.
« Reply #1 on: March 02, 2015, 02:41:13 PM »
If it is the standard five foot diameter orange and blue sign there were a few variations of it, one with a separate bottom section.  They have been offered on eBay numerous times and seem to sell depending on condition from four hundred to over one thousand dollars and some asking double that but it is doubtful if there are buyers in that range.  eBay is a good place to get good exposure for a sale but so is our Kaiser Frazer Bulletin which is free to club members.  Unless you want to build a shipping container it would be difficult and expensive to ship so it would be nice if the buyer could pick it up.  If you are near a major automotive antique swap meet that would also be a good place to sell it.  These prices quoted are only an estimate without seeing it.  Good luck!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email