Author Topic: 1951 Henry J parts for sale  (Read 18317 times)

lt1henryj

• View Profile
1951 Henry J parts for sale
« on: March 16, 2010, 11:35:56 AM »
I'm street rodding a early 1951 37k miles Henry J Deluxe and have the following for sale. The complete front and rear suspension and axle, drive shaft, pedal assembly, master cylinder, radiator, heater, steering gear and column(no wheel or shaft), fuel tank and filler neck, front seat, rear seat, 5 wheels and tires, 4 deluxe hub caps, front bumper and splash pan, battery box. If your intersted please act quickly because every thing goes to the boy scout scrap drive the first of April. I live in Southeastern Ohio and can ship  at cost to you after full payment is recieved. Pictures and prices upon reqest. (740) 453-1011 M-F, 8-5. Thanks, Don

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1951 Henry J parts for sale
« Reply #1 on: March 16, 2010, 09:10:49 PM »
That's a shame, sorry to hear it.
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

Jim G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 17, 2010, 07:20:31 PM »
  Go for it LT1,
   I am doing the same , 350 chev, auto , 9" rear , tube front axle, disk brakes,and a 6 point cage, and I also did offer the unused parts to fellow kf members,as opposed to just eliminating them to make usable space,  (I am a newbie also, and I too didn't fall in love with a stock looking one, it was a  60's drag racer ,that I'm cloning) ,There are many nice  and helpful people on this sight, if you read a lot of the other letters, there is also a growing lament about the 50 + year old drivelines, chassis etc,not being DRIVIN due to problems, parts shortages, thoughts of being stranded (or trailering them to meets, ) The absolute Worst thing that can happen ,is,.. you will wind up with a car that has been gone through, modernized, is a blast to drive , and is STILL easily repaired, and yes possibly another 1 or 2 (with the parts you provided) other great Henry J  Kaiser automobiles will again Be DRIVIN.... Yeah its a shame,   You bought it ,you like it,  enjoy it just the way you want to too. I'm lovin mine , Best regards Jim
« Last Edit: March 17, 2010, 07:22:23 PM by Jim G »

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: March 17, 2010, 08:34:34 PM »
That's a huge sentence, right there.  ;D
KFOCI #9798

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: March 18, 2010, 08:36:07 AM »
Weaz, that thar's funny!
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

lt1henryj

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: March 18, 2010, 09:17:50 AM »
Thanks Jim for your kind and inspiring words, I am surprized I"ve gotten jugded and critisized on my first post. I have the highest respect for any one wanting to do it their way, thats what makes America GREAT. I simply ask for the same respect. Thanks agin, Don

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #6 on: March 18, 2010, 09:28:50 AM »
Please don't use this site for food fights and other diversions such as remarks about posters choice of words and sentence structure.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: March 18, 2010, 01:11:06 PM »
I apologize. Sometimes I can't help myself.

Build your car the way you like it.

My only hope is that, if you are going to completely customize, pick a car that is well past restoration.

We good?
KFOCI #9798

lt1henryj

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: March 18, 2010, 02:59:08 PM »
Peace brother, no offense taken. I'ts like Red Green says "keep your stick on the ice, and don't forget I'm pullin for ya, remember were all in this together".Your friend, Don

Jim G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: March 18, 2010, 05:15:41 PM »
   Hello LT1,
  Jim G here, Tried to PM you don't know if it went, I'll try to give you a call tomorrow If you are looking for a fair/ fast , no bs ,parts lot sale ,look up a fellow goes by the handle joefrazer his name is also Jim, up Clev.Ohio.way, he is very fair and knowledgeable,and has the space and time to redistribute the orphaned parts that you would like to move, to others at a later date, as you , like myself, just wanted to move these to hands that could use them ,as they aren't making more of them, and it would be a shame to waste them, (I had even posted that when they are gone ,we all lose, in my sale too), there are some really super people here too, you will probably meet them one at a time ,not in a gang,  Regards Jim G  ...  for  someone keeping record, another loooong sentence ,but not a bit unintelligible.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: March 18, 2010, 05:28:59 PM »
Reading the thread...my comment...it's your car and you do with it as you wish. I will admit that I've seen a few Kaisers that have had updated drivetrains and interiors and was impressed. If I had an ounce of talent and a reasonable pocketbook, I would definitely V8 a 54. That car was made to take a small block V8 engine and that would make the car a great distance driver. There's a fellow in Oklahoma who used to build V8 54s to order and every one that I saw of his was first rate.

In the meantime, for those modernizing their cars I am always in the market for the leftovers!

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: March 18, 2010, 08:30:28 PM »
...but not a bit unintelligible.

Well, the randomness of you comma laden/period-less punctuation is unintelligible, but I support your lifestyle. That's what really matters.

See. I can't help myself. ;D
« Last Edit: March 19, 2010, 06:51:03 PM by Weaz »
KFOCI #9798

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #12 on: March 19, 2010, 02:08:08 PM »
Weaz--u r so eager to post you are making speeling ereas..sorry I couod no hep meself...
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: March 19, 2010, 06:52:43 PM »
There. Fixed it for you.

Gotta keep it readable.  ;D
KFOCI #9798

Jim G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: March 20, 2010, 07:13:30 AM »
   Thanks Joe,
  If you are interested in v8 ing a 54, get back to me later this year .Once the back building is erected, I'll have more project space, and I'm a competent welder /fabricator. For the other fellows,it is amazing and hard to believe how fast the "K-F hand of friendship" turns into a "single digit wave" if your rodding not restoring one, it's still a way that you get fresh parts, that otherwise would be unavailable,... here's wavin back at ya, ..Jim G