Author Topic: 1947 Kaiser  (Read 10261 times)

NoDak

• View Profile
    • Email
1947 Kaiser
« on: April 14, 2010, 11:50:59 AM »
Hi Kaiser people, I'm new at this but I'm looking for a good place to advertise my 1947 Kaiser that i've had for 15 years. I tried craigs list yesterday but you can only pick a small region. Any advice would be great. Thanks

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1947 Kaiser
« Reply #1 on: April 14, 2010, 01:04:06 PM »
If you are not in a hurry I would suggest that you join the KFOC and put a free ad in our Bulletin which will reach hundreds of interested KF people.  Hemming's Motor News is the largest circulation old car magazine and you will have a huge readership but it may take a few months to get the ad to the readers.  If you want instant action you can put an ad on eBay which has limited access to Kaiser Frazer people but it has very wide circulation and you can have your money in as little time as a week.  Tell us about your car and perhaps someone here would be interested.  Good luck!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

NoDak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 14, 2010, 01:19:18 PM »
Thanks gordie. what's it take to join?  It's a 47 Kaiser Special sedan that my grandpa restored over 25 years ago. The paint and chrome are in excellent shape. Its only been rained on twice over the years. The flat 6 motor runs good but its standard nothing has been added. Over all it runs  and drives good down the road. Grandpa could not find the parts to get the wipers working and some of the wiring needs to be checked. The horn and taillights stopped working over the years I think they are just lost their ground.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 14, 2010, 02:43:34 PM »
All of the injformation to join the club is found on the KFOC website.  When you join you will get a Bulletin that contains information on meets both local and National as well as ads for parts and services.  Your car seems like a nice one and many members would be pleased to own it.  You will also get a roster of members when you join and there will probably be members close to you.  You will find them friendly and helpful and they could probably recommend local merchants who could work on your car.  I hope that you would enjoy your membership and would want to finish your car and join in the fun.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2010, 04:20:43 PM »
You can also list it here in the for sale forum...this is a targeted audience by advertising standards.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 14, 2010, 07:32:33 PM »
NoDak: You may think it is a waste of time and money to join the KFOCI only to advertise a car for sale. But consider this: You get free and repeated advertising for a year. The advertising is targeted to people who are interested in what you have to offer so if you care about the car, it is more likely to reach a better home. Actually, I think offering it on Craig's List is your personal invitation to meet all the crooks and half-wits in your particular area. The cost for 1 year membership is $35 which is certainly cheaper than Hemmings 1 month and newspaper classifieds 1 week. I don't expect you to stay a member beyond what it takes to sell the car, but I hope the car would get a good home with less annoying contacts on your part.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

superk226

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 14, 2010, 10:31:09 PM »
What are the paint and trim codes on the car? Where are you located? Can you post some pictures of the car?

NoDak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 14, 2010, 10:32:24 PM »
Thanks all. very good info and you are right about the scam emails on craigs list thats all i've got so far. I've got one person that wants to see the car from a local ad i put in the paper if he doesn't pan out I will join up. I've been searching for Kaiser info for a while and have read your forum but I wasn't thinking of selling before. I got some good information from your site. One more question how do I find an appraiser in eastern North Dakota?

NoDak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: April 14, 2010, 10:53:45 PM »
tried to attach some pictures but it loaded the whole file of pictures. No clue on the paint code it was painted way before I bought it. Any help on adding photos??

NoDak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: April 14, 2010, 11:24:32 PM »
Sorry but this in not working. I try to add an attachment but it adds 70 some pictures every time, it adds the whole file. From the lake and everthing. This is my email address srhaux@ hotmail.com I know how to add them there. But this is not working. I live in Portland North Dakota. I'll Check again tomorrow thanks.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: April 15, 2010, 08:10:38 AM »
There is a metal plate on the firewall of the engine compartment with all kinds of letters and numbers.  It should be upper part of the firewall over towards the passenger side.  This is the body tag, with headers such as PAINT and TRIM.  The numbers at the different headers identify how the body was built and what items (outside of standard equipment) were put on this particular car.   Having these numbers handy and knowing what they translate to can be an excellent sales point for your vehicle.

If you can get the numbers off the tag and the numbers off the door post car serial number tag, this will be useful.  Engine ID tag number is not really useful for this activity.

Jack Mueller
Club Historian, KFOCI

NoDak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: April 15, 2010, 09:23:30 AM »
Thanks Jack that helped alot. Model # 100  Body# 5 Paint-753 Trim-550 Sched-19
Item#-246 Body#-3846  Serial # off of the door is K-100  003840. That was about all of the
information I could find.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: April 15, 2010, 09:59:49 AM »
You found enough to indicate that this was one of the original dealer sampling cars (sampling at least 1 per dealer) produced by Kaiser-Frazer.  Estimated build date is somewhere around September 30, 1946.  As serial numbers start at 1001, this is the 2,840th Kaiser automobile to roll off the production line (body numbers will not normally match serial numbers). 

Now for perhaps bigger questions.   First, does the car have the word "Special" in script on the trunk between the K A I S E R lettering and the punch for the license plate?  Second, does the exhaust manifold attach to the exhaust pipe up by the radiator or directly below the carb/air cleaner?  Third, is the word "Special" in script on the sill plates and is the word KAISER on the hub caps?

Jack Mueller

NoDak

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: April 15, 2010, 10:45:54 AM »
Yes Its got the Special on the trunk between Kaiser and the plates. But the L is broken off.
The exhaust pipe in located up front of the manifold just behing the radiator. The hubcaps all have KAISER on the but two are scratched up some. Now where and what are the sill plates?

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #14 on: April 15, 2010, 02:41:28 PM »
The sill plates are the trim plates you can see when you open doors--your foot may drag across them when you get in the car.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)