Author Topic: National  (Read 7246 times)

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
National
« on: April 26, 2010, 09:08:07 PM »
I live in Austin and would love to drive my Dragon to the convention, but I might have a very hard time getting off work.  At the most, I think I would only be able to get off for one day.  If so, which day would be the best for just looking at the cars?  Is there a day set aside for a "show" where everyone mills around and looks at the cars that came?  Never been before, but it's close to me this year and I would hate to miss the opportunity.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: National
« Reply #1 on: April 27, 2010, 04:28:46 AM »
There are some people in the KFOCI who expect every day to be a day for people to mill around the cars.  I personally would recommend that you hit the place on the 24th.  That is the day for judging cars so the highest number of cars and hopefully (if the convention people did their PR work properly) the greatest number of people will be around.  Otherwise, You might want to stop by on Sunday the 20th, in the afternoon.  This is the first day of the convention and if you are looking for parts or other things KF, you would get first shot at what vendors might bring.

You could also call Robby Markman at 281-752-0098 for ideas on the best day.

boatingbill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 27, 2010, 12:49:40 PM »
KFLibrary: I live is Illinois and would like to go to the Midwest Meet in Peoria in May. Could you please post the location in Peoria where the meet will be and what the agenda is each day? I no longer have a KF product, but am looking around for one. Our family drove them for 20 years. Could you include the date and time of events in the agenda or where I could see it on line? Thanks.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: April 27, 2010, 02:39:36 PM »
Barbara hasn't finished the email version of the May monthly bulletin, which would have whatever info the group putting on the Peoria meet has supplied.  Check on the website for the Bulletin Editor (not the Quarterly Editor) email address and ask if she would email you a sample copy of the newsletter.  It will be done and in distribution by Thursday of this week.

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 27, 2010, 07:42:03 PM »
To amplify what Jack said, Thursday (which would be the 24th) is Judging Day. That is always when the most cars are present (and the ones that hide in the enclosed trailers come out). Judges get to work at 9 AM and probably will be finished by 11 AM. If you are not registered at the Meet, you can park your KF car in the regular parking area. This is usually adjacent or just separated by a rope barrier. Unfortunately Judging Day is not the best day to take pictures of the cars because the hoods and trunks are open.
If you could sneak out early from work, you might want to come either Tuesday or Wednesday evening. Because of the Texas heat, I expect a lot of members to stay inside from noon to about 6:30. You can hear a lot of stories in the parking lot in the twilight hours.
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1951 Kaiser Deluxe /327 Chevy
1951 Kaiser Deluxe (no funny stuff)
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1961 Willys 2WD 134 F-Head SW
1963 Kaiser FC170

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: April 28, 2010, 09:53:58 PM »
I can definitely make it on Sunday, and I will see if I can get the 24th off.  Otherwise, maybe I will try to get off early and see if I can get there by evening one day.  Looking forward to seeing lots of cars (btw, I've never seen a Darrin in person!).

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 29, 2010, 07:17:50 PM »
Logan: There won't be very many members or cars show up until late (like after 4 pm) on Sunday. The Host does have an early bird event scheduled for those who have registered. There should be 3 to 6 Darrins show at the National eventually. You won't be disappointed - until you have to work on one!
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1963 Kaiser FC170

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: April 29, 2010, 08:32:24 PM »
I remember the national in Flagstaff in 2005 - no Darrins present. That was very unusual.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

HJ-ETEX

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 01, 2010, 07:13:46 PM »
Flagstaff: There was perhaps a higher percentage of modified cars there.  I guess a lot of attendees chose to drive a Brand X or fly into Phoenix rather than drive or trailer their KF products while the people with V8 modified Kaisers drove their cars. I remember having to judge a CJ2A Jeep because I admitted to having a CJ3A. 
KFOCI VP 2001-2005
1968 Kaiser Commando V6
1963 Kaiser FC170

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 01, 2010, 09:59:45 PM »
I remember that Jeep. It looked quite nice. I thought I had a photo of it but I can't find it. I haven't been to a National in few years, Flagstaff was the last one (in 2007 I did drive down to Hoffman Estates on an impulse for one evening but did not bring a car or participate in anyway) so I'm toying with idea of trying to get to Kerrville. It may happen. The big "Back To the 50s" show is the weekend of June 19th here in Saint Paul and I'm already registered for that. I could still get to Tx - it would make for a full week that's for sure.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: May 02, 2010, 07:32:24 AM »
Speaking of full weeks, I'm planning to attend some of the Graham-Paige club's meet in NY and it's the week ahead of the KF national. One of my goals there is to talk to their officers and discuss the possibility of a joint meet. They do as we do...that is...try to move their national meet around the country so coordinating the effort might take some doing, but I'm hoping that we can make it happen.

For me, my work schedule is making a trip to TX unlikely...but I'm working on it!

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: May 02, 2010, 09:11:42 AM »
In 1994 We hosted a PNW KFOCI regional Meet and invited the local chapter of the Graham-Paige Club.  It was a very fun Meet.  As I recall we got 5 G-P vehicles to go with 30 some K-F.  It was a great show and both sides really enjoyed the gathering.  The 41 Hollywoods interesting as was a 32 Blue Streak. We had 3 different colors of Darrins also ... memories
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

Erl

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: May 06, 2010, 11:25:41 AM »
I live in Dallas and would like to bring my Darrin to the event.  I am not a KF member, but would like to attend.  Is this a closed function, to members only?  There are no details on the web site.  I tried to contact the Web administrator, but received no response.  Is there another source for this information?

Edwin Erlbacher
Darrin 141

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: May 06, 2010, 05:57:07 PM »
Anyone can attend and participate in a convention but your car will not be judged and you will be ask to join if you wish judging.  I would highly recommend that you do join.  The access to the Monthly Bulletin, parts vendors, our great calendar, Quarterly magazines and the massive fellowship are grand reasons to join KFOCI.

Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: May 06, 2010, 08:11:33 PM »
I see that someone is planning on the Graham-Paige National Convention in NY (did I get that part right?)  Where and when is it supposed to be?  Barbara and I may be able to make that.