Author Topic: early KF factory upholstery  (Read 3207 times)

compfyfrazers

• View Profile
early KF factory upholstery
« on: June 29, 2018, 03:52:49 PM »
Ladies and Gentlemen, My friend Duane has purchased Fred Walkers stock of KF parts. He has got the upholstery ready to sell. He would like to sell entire lot, enough to fill a regular sized enclosed car trailer, Dozens factory seat covers less the padding, have part numbers for some. Looks like he has some headliners in packages as well. email him at the address below.

Email is: dungoen2002@yahoo.com

Thanks,
Tom McD #3665LM
« Last Edit: July 01, 2018, 07:45:24 PM by compfyfrazers »

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: early KF factory upholstery
« Reply #1 on: June 29, 2018, 05:09:11 PM »
Thanks for the Information...
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 30, 2018, 01:15:33 PM »
Just swapped emails with Duane, he says it appears to be mainly early KF complete seat covers & maybe some headliners.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 03, 2018, 09:05:15 PM »
I  have been emailing with Duane. I have explained on here before that my body ID tags were lost due to the shop that painted the car. So, how would I know what the part number would be for my seat upholstery?

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: July 03, 2018, 09:51:30 PM »
For '47 and'48 Kaisers there was just one upholstery style and the same for the Frazer's in three different color options except for the Manhattans and they did not have a pattern in the material, just solid colors.  If you have a '47 or '48 just tell Duane which model you have and he will know if he has material for your car.  If you have lost your body tags there is no way of telling what your original upholstery was unless you have some remnants on your seats and door panels.  Unless you are going to go for judging trophies many options are available in reproduction fabrics that will look very nice.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: July 04, 2018, 07:28:52 AM »
The original material is still on the seats but all torn up. Original door cards are gone. I sent duane pics but he didn't seem to know if he had the right stuff. He said he'd be posting pics here of what he has. Most of the 48's I see come up for sale have the same interior I have.

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: July 04, 2018, 09:47:47 AM »
The original material is still on the seats but all torn up. Original door cards are gone. I sent duane pics but he didn't seem to know if he had the right stuff. He said he'd be posting pics here of what he has. Most of the 48's I see come up for sale have the same interior I have.

Split a seam to find some un-faded material. If you've seen a car with the same pattern, see if they'll give you their trim code.

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: July 04, 2018, 09:59:49 AM »
Duane asked me to post some photos for him. These are just part of the ones that came in a series of emails. Also, an excerpt of him describing the situation.

"They're really looking for one buyer to take the whole lot, So it would need to be someone in the USA. I could possibly ship out a few individual pieces, but need the part numbers to identify. There are random pieces as you'll see, I don't think I would have the time to go through all of it and put together any sets, since they aren't mine and just helping them sell the stuff.  You'll see in the pictures some huge rolls of vinyl material, that would fill up a 1/2 semi trailer.  They might separate the KF upholstery sets from the vinyl rolls.   In short, they want to sell the property soon, and the upholstery has to go.  Thanks, Duane"    

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: July 04, 2018, 10:02:03 AM »
Looks like 6 attachments is the limit, 6 more.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 10:06:48 AM by MarkH »

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: July 04, 2018, 10:03:50 AM »
And a few more.

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: July 04, 2018, 10:33:34 AM »
If you have part numbers on bags or parts, that would really be OK to list those.

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: July 04, 2018, 11:25:18 AM »
The pictures show mostly later styles of upholstery and there is certainly a lot of it but it all needs to be identified.
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Kory Fox

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: July 04, 2018, 01:45:29 PM »
Well, if that's all later stuff I guess not of it will work with my car. Anyone know if ant of the rolled material would go well? My exterior is sportsman beige. I'm not a bif fan of vinyl but maybe if it would look good.

https://blog.myclassicgarage.com/1948-kaiser-sedan-barn-find-fd

Hopefully this link works. I'm not too good at computer stuff. If it worked, the interior on this car is the same as mine except mine is 48 this one is 47. Anyone know what the code would be?
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 02:57:32 PM by Kory Fox »

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: July 04, 2018, 05:11:33 PM »
[b["They're really looking for one buyer to take the whole lot, So it would need to be someone in the USA. I could possibly ship out a few individual pieces, but need the part numbers to identify. There are random pieces as you'll see, I don't think I would have the time to go through all of it and put together any sets, since they aren't mine and just helping them sell the stuff.  You'll see in the pictures some huge rolls of vinyl material, that would fill up a 1/2 semi trailer.  They might separate the KF upholstery sets from the vinyl rolls.   In short, they want to sell the property soon, and the upholstery has to go.  Thanks, Duane"

I know how tempting this would be for me ask to look for a particular color or manifest of the warehouse contents if this were Aero materials, but Duane just wants to see this stuff saved since he doesn't have a way to store it himself, or the time to go through it all. One thing's for sure, the heirs are going to choose cashing in the real estate over long term storage & distribution of these materials.
« Last Edit: July 04, 2018, 05:15:04 PM by MarkH »

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: July 04, 2018, 05:23:05 PM »
A company like SMS Auto Fabrics might be interested, but probably would not pay much.
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com