Author Topic: parts interchange  (Read 1185 times)

bustidwing

parts interchange
« on: September 02, 2018, 10:49:33 AM »
Is there a parts interchange manual available? Not many retailers support a search for Kaiser/Frazer parts, having the appropriate part number or vendor number ( IE Napa, Oreilys etc) to ask for would be a huge help for anyone wanting to work on and service their Kaiser Frazer product. Thank You.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: parts interchange
« Reply #1 on: September 02, 2018, 01:00:49 PM »
It’s been Done ...
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 04, 2018, 06:39:28 AM »
No, the club does not have a 25 page interchange manual. Rather, an appendix to one of our older Handbooks (a manual that outlined the various models KF and Willys produced) was published. It listed items available at that time from NAPA and other sources for tuneups, shocks, brakes and cooling systems. That list was something like three pages in length.

One or two club members have assembled crossover lists but I haven't seen any available from anyone in some time.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 04, 2018, 09:36:49 AM »
I've only been a member for 50 years. If any interchange info came from the club, I must have been napping. If there ever was any such activity, it probably passed with Ben Walker.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 04, 2018, 09:51:09 AM »
I am truly amazed that the club itself does not offer/publish such a thing. Even with the members that are left, it seems a very comprehensive list across all the KF car types could be managed and provided to members. Don't other clubs do this for members? thanks

I can tell you that the Studebaker Drivers Club does not do this. Some individuals over the years have put together partial lists and provided them to other members on request (or lately posted them on the internet)  but these are not comprehensive. Plus, a huge comprehensive list would require constant checking to ensure that part numbers, sources, etc are still current.
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

dogwalkfinds

• View Profile
    • dogwalkfinds
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 04, 2018, 11:24:40 AM »
rockauto has a Kaiser section and it is pretty good.
It really would be nice to aggregate the various part numbers in one place and make it available to all. Old part numbers should be more than welcome since we all often turn to NOS parts we find on eBay or other places.
'48 Frazer
'50 Dodge truck
'53 Plymouth
dogwalkfinds.blogspot.com

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 04, 2018, 01:47:54 PM »
Any lists of obsolete parts that we have tried to assemble does not stay current for very long and it is frustrating to try to use and depend on the list.  Hundreds of us drive our cars on a frequent basis and if you are looking for a specific part ask about it in the forum.  Someone that has just replaced the part that you are looking for will offer suggestions about current sources.  Most electrical and mechanical parts are available for our cars.
« Last Edit: September 04, 2018, 07:19:53 PM by Gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom