Author Topic: Darrin parts on eBay  (Read 898 times)

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
Darrin parts on eBay
« on: November 05, 2018, 09:27:34 AM »
I don't know if you have been watching eBay with all the Darrin Parts that hardly ever show up!!   Some of them I could have used when I first started my restoration but I have all I need (I hope).   It looks like the person in MN that got into Darrins in a big way is now getting rid of everything. 

I did buy a few items, like the tool to make the body washers for Darrin's.   Of course you can't find any flat washers that size to make any but I like interesting tools!   

I'm now in the process of making the part of the gas pedal linkage that mounts to the body.   I will post pictures when I am finished.
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Darrin parts on eBay
« Reply #1 on: November 05, 2018, 09:50:46 AM »
That seller is just a few miles east of me. I was there to visit and pick up a part recently.  He has a few other KF parts, mainly chrome moldings etc. that he doesn't know what they are for. Nothing I needed but if someone is looking for something and you can provide a pic or good description, it may be worth contacting the seller.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: November 05, 2018, 10:17:32 AM »

....................... I did buy a few items, like the tool to make the body washers for Darrin's.   Of course you can't find any flat washers that size to make any but I like interesting tools!   ……………………….

You might try Fastenal's website for washers, and also bolt lengths that are between standard hardware store lengths.

I've had pretty good luck there, the filter on the left side of the page lets you choose ID, OD & thickness as well as other things, instead of just standard SAE, USS or metric washer sizes. Occasionally a metric washer is a match.

The local Fastenal used to let my orders "piggyback" on the daily shipments from their nearest supply hub (indy) but corporate changed that a few months ago & now requires a standard shipping fee on any size order that pretty much equals UPS dropping it off at my door.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

njpatera

• MSN Messenger - pateraclass@msn.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: November 06, 2018, 07:55:08 AM »
Yep...I’ve procured quite a few needed items from him. Very thankful!
Regards,
Noah

'54 Darrin
'55 Victoria
'56 Victoria
-'59 Galaxie/Fairlane Convert.
'61 Falcon 2dr wagon
-'62 Galaxie 500XL Convertible

Member #5954
The Nifty Fifties NE Ohio
Drummer: Moving in Stereo, Cleveland’s Tribute to The CARS

KFDarrin#164

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: November 29, 2018, 10:08:23 PM »
I bought a set of deck hinges.. VERY reasonable price.