Author Topic: A tale of two Manhattans, and one first-time Kaiser owner...  (Read 4039 times)

ForgottenTwoManhattans

• View Profile
Re: A tale of two Manhattans, and one first-time Kaiser owner...
« Reply #30 on: February 08, 2020, 08:57:28 PM »
Glad to see people like you are still saving these great automobiles ! My dad started driving a Frazier in 1951 and I started my driving my 1951 Kaiser Deluxe in 1960.

Thanks! It deserves to be saved. It's just way too solid a body to let it go to waste. I have not found one spec of cancerous rust on it yet, even in the wheel wells, rockers, quarters or anywhere, which is REALLY surprising considering its age and how it sat on dirt for 50+ years. It survived all this time, it has earned the right to keep on living!

ForgottenTwoManhattans

• View Profile
« Reply #31 on: February 08, 2020, 09:04:46 PM »
Also, a couple folks have reached out to me to offer clutch discs and related parts, and I've been having an interesting conversation with one fellow about some potential chattering issues with a relined clutch disc vs. an NOS disc. Has anyone else had any problems with using a relined disc vs an NOS or new disc? Needless to say, I only want to do this job once. Anyone have any input on this subject?

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #32 on: February 08, 2020, 09:28:39 PM »
Also, a couple folks have reached out to me to offer clutch discs and related parts, and I've been having an interesting conversation with one fellow about some potential chattering issues with a relined clutch disc vs. an NOS disc. Has anyone else had any problems with using a relined disc vs an NOS or new disc? Needless to say, I only want to do this job once. Anyone have any input on this subject?

I would highly recommend giving Larry Barker a call to talk it over.  He knows these cars well and may have the NOS parts you need, if you do need to go that route.

480-843-8110
51 Kaiser Deluxe