Author Topic: 2010 Fall Midwest Division Meet - Ohio  (Read 2876 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
2010 Fall Midwest Division Meet - Ohio
« on: July 29, 2010, 12:09:43 PM »
Hi,

We have a new item to add to the itinerary for the Fall 2010 Midwest Division meet. 

Our banquet will have a guest speaker.  A senior lubrications expert from here at Ford Motor Company will present an overview of the new oil grading system that will be announced in September by the American Petroleum Institute (API)  Their old system of multi-viscosity and the M-series system will be phased out in favor of the new system & General Motors has already announced they will follow their own engineering standard for motor oil and that car or truck owners not using oil meeting or exceding the new GM spec requirements and certified as such risk getting their warranties voided.

Sound interesting?  We still have a few rooms left at the Hampton Inn and have set up a nearby facility to handle overflow.  Check the KFOCI Monthly Bulletin for registeration and other details and get your reservations in ASAP. 

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: 2010 Fall Midwest Division Meet - Ohio
« Reply #1 on: August 27, 2010, 10:26:01 PM »
Had an update today from our guest speaker.  He had a conference call with people at "the institute" about the new oil grading standards.  The full package of information will not be released until October 1 but he has a clearance to give overviews and general information on how the new oil grading system will work.  This system REPLACES the current "S" series standards (SL, SM, etc) as well as the multi-viscosity standards set up back in the 1950's.  It also means the end of straight weight non-detergent oil.

Anyone interested in more info on this and the new GM standard (if you don't use it in your NEW GM vehicle you risk voiding your new vehicle warranty) should not miss the Midwest Meet coming up the 17-20th of September (next month).

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 03, 2010, 11:37:41 AM »
OK folks, we're three weeks away from the Midwest meet in Cleveland and I'm stumping for registrations. The meet site has easy access, plenty of parking and is just a short drive from many of the attractions in the area. All of that and plenty of Kaiser, Frazer and Willys vehicles to look at and talk to the owners about. And, we'll have our club historian at hand to help where he can to answer your questions. A bargain at any price!

I hope to see you there.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: September 06, 2010, 06:51:19 PM »
Some of you may have heard of a trio of singers, the legendary Three Tenors of the operatic stage.  Well, at the fall 2010 meet, we'll have the 2 Club Historians.  Yes, the only two men to have ever held the post of Club Historian will be there...Bill Tilden (the first) and myself (the second).  Bill has an extensive background working in the sales area of Studebaker and other car companies selling in the USA.  As for me, I got the stuff.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 10, 2010, 05:09:48 AM »
taotao needs to be removed, yes?

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: September 10, 2010, 05:12:24 AM »
I have reported it already. I'm retired, and one of my self appointed jobs these days is to report spammers. Gotta do something with my time <ggggg>
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 12, 2010, 07:37:30 PM »
Anybody going that has 4 HJ wheels for sale??

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #7 on: September 15, 2010, 04:17:20 PM »
For those attending this weekend's meet, I will be bringing a small selection of club manufacturing fund parts to sell. The list includes:
- Darrin park light lenses and license light pads
- Darrin lower windshield seal
- Darrin wiring grommets
- Trunk handle gaskets for 49-50K, 49-51F and 51-5K
- Sponge rings for 51-3K horn ring and Darrin air cleaner top
- 52-4 HJ grille medallion
- 52-3 K hood 'V' medallion
- K&F heel pads in black, red, grey, green and blue

I will also be bringing a small pile of my own stuff to sell. Looking for something? Let me know and if I have it for sale, I'll bring it!

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: September 18, 2010, 11:54:32 PM »
Well, to those who attended this weekend's midwest meet, thanks for coming! To those who weren't there, you missed a great meet! The long distance award went to a member who drove his 49F a tad over 700 miles...one way! Lots of parts changed hands and new leads on cars did too.