Author Topic: 1953 Kaiser Traveler deLuxe  (Read 1565 times)

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
1953 Kaiser Traveler deLuxe
« on: March 20, 2020, 03:27:51 PM »
I was asked to post this by the family to help advertise the sale of this car ...

1953 Kaiser Traveler deLuxe. Black exterior (originally Green), Brown interior upholstery, Cream painted dash board and steering wheel. Flathead 6 with OD, 20+ mpg, 34,912 miles. Trophy winner. Recently exposed to mildew/mold, now temporarily outdoors; runs but needs TLC and restoration. Located in Crystal Beach FL. From the estate of Richard Mitchell #5790. Asking $14,500. Many photos at https://photos.app.goo.gl/m5dyjaKscMdtZT177 Contact Karen Moore, 727-657-6503 (Text only), kmm54ymail@yahoo.com
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1953 Kaiser Traveler deLuxe
« Reply #1 on: April 23, 2020, 11:21:34 AM »
PRICE NOW REDUCED TO $10,000
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 25, 2020, 09:58:36 AM »
Since I own one, this is quite the deal.  It's a shame will all that is going on, that not many are interested in these great cars!!
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

Randy

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 25, 2020, 11:14:40 PM »
It is a very nice looking car . Because of the current situation I'm holding back . It sure would make a fun car . It's perfect for fishing with that hatch it would hold my steelhead and salmon rods with cooler . Not to mention my metal detectors . My weird taste in orphans  .

flamingchariots

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: April 26, 2020, 07:38:58 AM »
This is the big red flag for me:
"Recently exposed to mildew/mold, now temporarily outdoors..."

Details and multiple recent photos needed.

Randy

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: April 26, 2020, 10:23:04 PM »
That interior would need work if not full redo as well as the gauges . Sounds like the price needs another cut . I owned a car that was covered in mold from sitting and a mouse had died in the headliner .My grandfather had parked it covered with a tarp covered with leaves , At that time I got my hands on some cleaner from a customer that worked for a company that did clean up water fire smoke and biological contamination  . I don't remember what it was it worked  not perfect  . That damn mouse every time it was damp I could smell it . Reminds me of a 53 Manhattan  that was a flood car believe it was in Louisiana I wonder what happened to that car 

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: April 26, 2020, 11:14:33 PM »
Yup, my guess would be mold/mildew damage meant the entire interior would need to be redone.  Headliner, seats (including padding), carpet, door panel material maybe...if extensive enough dash, and has been mentioned gauges.  Plus all dash controls might have some rust starting or in an advanced state...possibly salvageable, may need replacement.

Beautiful car...regretfully now a project car...
51 Kaiser Deluxe