Author Topic: tail light and parking light sockets  (Read 1420 times)

ronst

• View Profile
tail light and parking light sockets
« on: June 17, 2020, 05:42:15 PM »
does anyone know where I can get light sockets for tail and parking lights for my '50 Kaiser deluxe? 

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: tail light and parking light sockets
« Reply #1 on: June 17, 2020, 05:53:34 PM »
Two possible sources I can immediately recommend...

Larry Barker in AZ...he has many NOS parts as well as many, many used ones.

Larry Smith in IA...he also has many NOS parts...I haven't talked with him about what he has used...but he's definitely still a go to guy for parts for these cars.
51 Kaiser Deluxe

ronst

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: June 17, 2020, 06:02:44 PM »
thanks Konrad, how do I contact these guys?

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 17, 2020, 07:07:30 PM »
thanks Konrad, how do I contact these guys?

Firstly, I would like to recommend that you join KFOCI.  The rewards are immeasurable if you wish to own, maintain and refurbish one of these cars.  The newsletters and quarterlies are more than worth the price of admission...not just from a historical standpoint, but also as a source of parts and information dedicated to caring for these cars.  Plus, every new member helps to assure the KFOCI will be here and available for future generations of KF car owners/enthusiasts.

Secondly, if you were a member of KFOCI, you would see Larry Barker's ad in each newsletter as it is issued.   It's small, unobtrusive, but do not doubt the power of the Larry!  LOL!  :)

Here's his usual ad:

THE KAISER STORE has a huge inventory of parts. Call with
your needs - most likely, I have it. Larry Barker #3957,
Peoria AZ, 480-843-8110, thekaiserstore@yahoo.com

I recommend calling rather than emailing.

Thirdly, if you were a member of KFOCI, you would see Larry Smith's periodic ads listing many of the NOS parts he has.

From the March newsletter, you can reach him at:

Larry's KF Parts
(563) 322-8175

Or...you could not join KFOCI and just flail about in the dark when you need parts...that is certainly an option.

But, seriously and all kidding aside...it's worth joining KFOCI...you'll be amazed at the history, tips, mechanical info, stories, etc. that you'll get from it.  For the price, it's a huge bargain, and worth the weight of a Deluxe in gold.

Think about it Janet!  :D
51 Kaiser Deluxe

ronst

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: June 18, 2020, 04:50:16 AM »
thanks again Konrad, I did join the club (June 1 a real newbie) and I found Larry Smith's name in the roster but I missed Larry Baker's add I will call him today. you are right about the wealth of information that I have already gleaned from the club.

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: June 18, 2020, 08:25:32 AM »
Good man!

And welcome to a great band of merry folk who love these old beasties.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: June 18, 2020, 08:57:48 AM »
ronst, Note: It’s Larry Barker ...

Welcome to Our Great Club !!!
« Last Edit: June 18, 2020, 09:01:27 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

rrdcorvair

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: June 18, 2020, 09:39:44 AM »
And there's always the 'unusual' humor supplied by members....right Konrad?

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: June 18, 2020, 09:48:30 AM »
What good is life without the occasional chuckle, guffaw...even the rare and endangered belly laugh from time to time?  :D
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: June 18, 2020, 01:08:22 PM »
Also welcome from the KFOCI HISTORIAN.  If you can send me the information off your door post serial number plate and the body information  tag info (on the firewall)  I can tell you more about the car and you may find things interesting.  Where are you located (general area, don't need address).

ronst

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: June 18, 2020, 01:43:20 PM »
ok here is the information - serial no. K502039689  body no. 36395 model no. 492 Body - 1  Paint 130  trim 216  I am located in Douglasville Georgia about 20 miles west of Atlanta. and thank you for the warm welcome!!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: June 18, 2020, 08:46:27 PM »
Ok, here goes

Your car came off the production line at the tail end of July 1949, assembly point Willow Run Michigan.  This coupled with the K502 Serial number tag and MODEL designation of 492 indicates it was one of the new, unsold & undriven 1949 models somewhee in the system (factory storage lot, distributor inventory or dealer inventory) at the beginning of November 1949 where such all such cars were given new serial number tags to make them 1950 model year cars.  As you did not list the transmission number off the body tag I will assume that the car has an overdrive rather than straight 3-speed manual type transmission.  There is no existing information from Distribution Department files so shipping date and destination dealer cannot be identified.  In any event the car probably went to fill a retail customer order that the distributor for the dealer's sales territory (or regional factory storage lot if the selling dealer was a direct dealer rather than a 2-stepping dealer that got their cars through the distributor for the sales territory the dealer was located in).

Your car's original color was Horizon Blue enamel (rather than lacquer) and had Horizon Pin Stripe upholstery).   If I had confirmation on the transmission and a list of optional equipment on the car, I could tell you the wholesale and MSRP of your car FOB Willow Run MI.  If I had confirmation on selling dealer (or a K-F dealer of your choosing if you don't know who the selling dealer was) I could hone this to wholesale and MSRP at the dealership. 

Bob G

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: June 19, 2020, 04:41:25 PM »
It is really nice that this level of detailed information exists!
'54 Kaiser Special
'64 Studebaker GT Hawk