Author Topic: Restoration Kaiser Rotterdam de Luxe finished - sole survivor?  (Read 3342 times)

Nils

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Restoration Kaiser Rotterdam de Luxe finished - sole survivor?
« Reply #15 on: November 23, 2020, 11:57:14 AM »
Nils

Would you consider writing a story about the car and how you got it (with pictures) for use in the Spring 2021 KFOCI QUARTERLY magazine?  It would be an intersting kind of thing for sure!

As far as K-F cars in Europe (including cars not presently licensed for road service) goes, how about trying Armand De Ricques in France or Paul Dammes in the Netherlands?  They are both club members, are active in the K-F scene in Eurpoe and may be able to answer some of your questions.

Jack Mueller
Historian KFOCI
Editor Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club International Quarterly Magazine

Jack, sure, I’d love to do that! Please let me know what you need and I’ll be happy to send it. I am not familiar with the publication. How can I join the club?

Could you send me the contact details of Armand and Paul? Or, share my details with them? Thanks so much!

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: November 23, 2020, 12:19:52 PM »
Nils, you can join the KFOCI at this link:  https://kfoci.wildapricot.org/join-us

Hope this helps...and welcome aboard!  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

Nils

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: November 23, 2020, 12:29:52 PM »
Nils, you can join the KFOCI at this link:  https://kfoci.wildapricot.org/join-us

Hope this helps...and welcome aboard!  :)

Done, thanks!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: November 23, 2020, 12:45:51 PM »
emal address is Historian@kfclub.com.  if that does not work, try kaiserfrazerlibrary@yahoo.com

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: November 23, 2020, 01:28:42 PM »
Done, thanks!

Welcome to the grand tradition of reprobates, silly sods and madmen who have decided this narrow production of US steel is worth preserving.  You have my sincerest admiration for what you have done in restoring your Kaiser.  Hell, I bought mine, after a previous KFOCI member had already done the hard work/spent the money. 

Thank you for bolstering the club coffers!
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: November 23, 2020, 03:06:23 PM »
While updating my literature catalog for the insurance people today (20 larger profolio books for liture and related alone!) I pulled out my 1951 Kaiser folder from Rotterdam and found the attached.  You may be interested  At the illustration shows, it is a dressed-up 1951 Kaiser Special with the narrow rub-rail moldings.  However, there is a 1950 issue Parts & Accessories Bulletin that shows the wider (as on 1952-54 Manhattans) belt molding as a dealer-installed option.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 03:08:34 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »

Nils

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: November 23, 2020, 04:17:44 PM »
While updating my literature catalog for the insurance people today (20 larger profolio books for liture and related alone!) I pulled out my 1951 Kaiser folder from Rotterdam and found the attached.  You may be interested  At the illustration shows, it is a dressed-up 1951 Kaiser Special with the narrow rub-rail moldings.  However, there is a 1950 issue Parts & Accessories Bulletin that shows the wider (as on 1952-54 Manhattans) belt molding as a dealer-installed option.

Thank you! I think it is the brochure with the attached picture. It is a really strong add with Rotterdam in ruins and the city and it’s industry building up again. The text translates as ‘the pride of Rotterdam’. Rotterdam harbour tycoons convinced Kaiser at the time to build his factory there. We had the picture printed larger on aluminium.
« Last Edit: November 23, 2020, 04:20:12 PM by Nils »

MarkH

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #22 on: November 23, 2020, 07:58:21 PM »

Thank you! I think it is the brochure with the attached picture. It is a really strong add with Rotterdam in ruins and the city and it’s industry building up again. The text translates as ‘the pride of Rotterdam’. Rotterdam harbour tycoons convinced Kaiser at the time to build his factory there. We had the picture printed larger on aluminium.

Very nice piece of history.
Fully restored '54 Aero Lark
Rusty '58 Austin Healey 100-Six
Barely running'74 Chevelle Malibu

Nils

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: March 08, 2021, 05:24:14 PM »
Thanks again for all the tips on improving the brakes on our Kaiser Rotterdam de Luxe!
The arcing of the brakepads turned out to be really good and left little room for improvement.
So, we decided to install a big brake booster, which fits really well. We are currently connecting to get vacuum.
Looking forward to testing it.
« Last Edit: March 08, 2021, 05:28:43 PM by Nils »

r1lark

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: March 09, 2021, 08:18:30 AM »
Very nice install of the brake booster and master cylinder. Was this a purchased 'kit', or did you engineer the system and bracket yourself?
Paul
Winston-Salem NC
Visit The Studebaker Skytop Registry website at:  www.studebakerskytop.com

Nils

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #25 on: March 09, 2021, 01:35:05 PM »
Thanks, my buddy Dick engineered it and made the bracket. He was able to use the original as in the picture. Quite clever, I think. The booster and master cylinder were bought.