Author Topic: 1951 Deluxe winshield replacement  (Read 770 times)

51 Willowrun

• View Profile
1951 Deluxe winshield replacement
« on: April 08, 2021, 08:52:52 PM »
Greetings to All,
My name is Mark Maurice and I am the new owner of a 1951 512 Deluxe,I need to replace the front Windshield and would appreciate any information on how this done. I would like to order a windshield Gasket set if there is one available.
I am sure I will be making several posts in the The future and always enjoy reading the Forum lots of great Information to be shared.On a Car history hunt I read through the 1951 Registry and found my car listed there. #071070
All I could see was it was from Utah and the owners last name was Lape.My car is a blue  Deluxe 4 door sedan.
If anyone fellow members may know of this car please contact me as it would be very appreciated .
Thank You

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 1951 Deluxe winshield replacement
« Reply #1 on: April 09, 2021, 08:32:13 AM »
Hi Mark,

I believe you recently bought this car from ebay, from seller bcrt...correct?  I, and our club historian helped advise him as to what he actually had, some of the history, etc. on this car.  There's a thread in the "Cars For Sale and Wanted" section where you'll see it posted (I'd linked to the Ebay sale, in case any of our members were interested), along with the info our historian, Jack, helped provide.

As to a new windshield, we have a club manufacturing fund that produces some parts no longer available, and they have new '51 windshields in either clear, tinted or tinted and shaded glass, $425.  However, to gain access to to the fund you will need to join the club, which is well worth the money for just the quarterlies and monthly newsletters alone.  There is a one time $10 donation to the manufacturing fund on your first order, after that just the cost for what parts they do reproduce.  There are several levels of membership...I can highly recommend the $25 per year level which gets you digital copies of all newsletters and quarterlies, along with access to the manufacturing fund of course.

On windshield gasket I'm not sure, though it's possible Larry Barker may still have some new/old stock on that.  Larry has many nos and used parts, as well as several dozen cars in varying stages of condition.  He's a great guy and is a font of info on these cars.  He lives in Arizona and can be reached at 480-843-8110.  There is also Willow Run KF Parts, who may possibly have the gaskets...kfparts.com.

Also, I too have a 51 Deluxe, though a 2 door model, and have asked many questions regarding it over the last year or so.  If you do a search on my nick you'll find much good info on this particular model through questions I've already asked, and a search on 51 Deluxe through the forum will turn up much more.

Welcome to a dedicated group of KF owners and enthusiasts!  We're more than happy to help in any way we can.  :)

Barbara, would you be so kind as to send Mark a digital sample copy of one or two of the newsletters and or quarterlies, so he knows how wonderful they are?  Many thanks ma'am!

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 08:40:32 AM by konrad »
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: April 09, 2021, 09:36:59 AM »
Adam Harder runs the manufacturing fund.  He is in Hartland WI (where most of the stuff is for shipment to members).  His phone number is 262-391-7919; he is in the Central Time Zone.  1951 Kaisers had clear glass windshields only.  The club's reproduction works with a new rubber gasket.  Be advised that the windshield was made as a 1-piece.  It does come with the template a good glass shop can use to cut out a narrow section at the middle for the Divider Bar; you have to get the gasket separately.  Larry Barker is a good source for parts as Konrad noted.

Being a member of the Forum does not make you a club member (most of the Forum people are non-members who have no interest in joining the club).  Please contact my wife Barbara, who is Club Secretary (email is secretary@kfclub.com) for membership information and a sample copy of the e-bulletin and e-quarterly publications; we also have hard-copy available.  Current annual membership dues are $25.00/year for electronic, $50.00 for hard-copy. 

There are two attachments to this post.  One is the KFOCI HANDBOOK section covering your car (5121 1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4-door sedan) and the other has information on K-F accessories for your car.  Total size of both files is between 19-20 MB.  If you have questions about your car that I can handle, my e-mail is Historian@kfclub.com.

Jack Mueller
Club Historian

51 Willowrun

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: April 11, 2021, 08:39:36 AM »
Gentlemen,
I joined the Club the day after I bought the Car and You are correct I purchased the Car on St. Patricks Day.
Fell in love when I saw it always loved the Darrin Styling
When you view other cars of the same year nothing looks like a Kaiser. I was in touch several times with the gentlemen who was selling it and it was a pleasant buying experience.I have a file with 200 photos that covers every inch of the car and 2 videos  of it as well and I felt confident after viewing these the car was very solid and the one for me. The Car is definitely an older restoration she just needs some Love and shes coming to the right Guy.She now has a new home and looking forward to driving her on a nice sunny day .