Author Topic: Who is censoring this Forum ??????  (Read 1948 times)

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
Who is censoring this Forum ??????
« on: May 06, 2021, 09:23:54 AM »
I put in an open letter about the 2021 and 2022 Kaiser convention it ha been removed or relocated
  WHY ???????
I thought this was an open Forum not like Facebook or google.
There was nothing offensive or untrue in my letter.
My intention was to help both conventions. I have had a lot of opposition ftom some elected officials wanting to get through the 2021 convention before starting on the 2022 convention why can’t we do both? We all should want all conventions to do well. The more advanced notice people get the mor planing people can do.
Do any of you think this is a bad idea?
I know i am a bit prejudice because i like Darrins and the 2022 convention is in Jackson MI which is very near Willow Run where most other K F cars were made.
Not sure what i can do. Just trying to help a failing club to get well again.
If this is the way our elected officials and club members want to run things i may have to think long and hard about my attendance at future conventions.
We very seldom see new people at the conventions this may be why.
SOUND OFF
Lee Abrahams
« Last Edit: May 06, 2021, 09:25:58 AM by darrin502 »
LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang
1959 Austin Healy Bug Eye Sprite
2002 Limited Edition Camaro

konrad

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Who is censoring this Forum ??????
« Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:24:40 AM »
Okay, that is weird as I recall reading your post about this.  I honestly can't imagine why it might have been removed, unless it was some type of software glitch.

By the by...I like the Darrin's as well...if I were well heeled enough I'd be looking to buy one right now.  :)
51 Kaiser Deluxe

kaiserkid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 06, 2021, 12:53:39 PM »
I have only been to one National meet, Shipshewana,IN, and it was great! But I do not only have a Manhattan, I also have other brands. They take precedence over KF Nationals. But upon hearing about the 2022 National in Jackson, MI, I am planning on going to that meet. My car will need to be trailered since it won't be drivable, but I do plan on showing it. Thank you for your time with getting the word out about upcoming events. I would not have known otherwise.

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 06, 2021, 04:59:52 PM »
Here is the open letter I posted that has disappeared not sure what happened. I hope this one does not disappear.

We are starting to put together the kaiser convention in Jackson MI.
Jackson is the birthplace of the Kaiser Darrin. This convention will be a place to bring as many Darrins as we can. It is not just for Darrins it is for all KF cars. As soon as information is available as to dates , hotel , tours, cost we will get them to all the members through the bulletin. If you own a Darrin or know someone who owns a Darrin we want them at the 2022 convention. There are 100’s of Darrins out there. This could be the biggest convention in a very long time. We know it will be in July we will have the dates soon. Save the month. Let’s try to make 2022 a great turnout.
More information to come.
Again the 2022 convention is for all KF cars. Lets get 100 KF cars and 100 Darrins. Wow what a convention that would be. It is up to all members to plan to attend.
Thank you
Lee Abrahams
LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang

darrin502

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 06, 2021, 05:16:45 PM »
Thank you for your response maybe those who removed it will understand what I am trying to do.
Thanks again
Lee
LM #1068
1954 Darrin # 103
1954 Darrin #  60
1954 Darrin #  51
1954 Darrin #  91
1954 Darrin # 394
1954 Darrin # 193
1959 Corvette
1968 Corvette
1968 Mustang

neubie

• President KFOCI
    • View Profile
« Reply #5 on: May 06, 2021, 11:08:36 PM »
The reason I asked the Webmaster to take down the previous post, is that our (KFOCI) main focus currently is the 2021 convention in Rochester NY, which to-date has very few registrations.  The post that was taken down specifically addressed the 2022 convention, NOT the 2021 convention.  The Midwest Division is currently working on preliminary details for 2022, but no dates, times, lodging or other things will be announced regarding the 2022 convention until later this fall when the 2021 convention is past.  The Midwest Division will be holding a meet in Jackson, MI in September (dates pending), at which time we will lay out a plan of actions/milestones regarding the 2022 convention.  I was quite concerned about the "we" in Lee's post, as again, the Midwest Division is working on this, not a collective "we", nor even KFOCI.  I would be absolutely awesome to have a great gathering of Darrin's in 2022, something I support Lee and the Darrin Registry Manager Phil Jelinek working towards with the 2022 committee later this fall.  But, it would also be awesome to have a great gathering of Darrin's in Rochester this coming July too.  The last "great gathering" of Darrins happened at a National Convention in Nashville more than 20 years ago, which had 43 Darrins in attendance.  I publicly apologize to Lee regarding the removal of his post without first discussing it with him and will strive to do better in the future.  - Mike Neubecker, President KFOCI 

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 07, 2021, 08:06:20 AM »
The reason I asked the Webmaster to take down the previous post, is that our (KFOCI) main focus currently is the 2021 convention in Rochester NY, which to-date has very few registrations. 

Perhaps participation in the 2021 convention could be encouraged by advertising it outside of 'closed' club publications. There are several KF product owners who do not belong to the club. Some have large collections of vehicles but only a single KF car. Has anyone tried to manage membership in more than two dozen clubs?? While there is still activity on this forum, why not put up a page dedicated to the 2021 convention with complete information about the convention? Doesn't seem it could hurt...

Gary

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 07, 2021, 08:31:27 AM »
Perhaps participation in the 2021 convention could be encouraged by advertising it ... why not put up a page dedicated to the 2021 convention with complete information about the convention? Doesn't seem it could hurt. Gary

Excellent suggestion ... I started a new topic and  posted the details from the May BULLETIN along with the Registration Form, Schedule of Events and a Membership Application (as membership in the club is mandatory for participation). 

It will be interesting to see if we get any interest - and new club members.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 07, 2021, 09:25:53 AM »
Thank you Barbara.

Gary