Author Topic: K-F HANDBOOK  (Read 5775 times)

51vaga

K-F HANDBOOK
« on: July 20, 2008, 09:00:04 PM »
I am getting ready to start my restoration this winter and would like to get a handbook.How do I get one please help.

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: K-F HANDBOOK
« Reply #1 on: July 21, 2008, 08:30:08 AM »
IF you don't see one pop up on eBay, I'd try Mike Flemming: http://www.angelfire.com/nc2/TarheelKF/
KFOCI #9798

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: July 21, 2008, 07:55:55 PM »
Hey, Weaz...I'm only a one "M"!!!

mbfleming@aol.com
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

Weaz

• Specials RULE!
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: July 21, 2008, 08:13:25 PM »
Ha! Sorry. I know too many two 'm' types.  :D
KFOCI #9798

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 10, 2008, 11:18:35 PM »
Lance Johnson may still have some of the 1992 edition versions for $20.00 each.  Lance and his father Lowell are the KFOCI Secretary/Treasurer. 

I produced a new version of the handbook and sent copies of the work in process to club officers and the thing was to be presented to menbers at Salem.  As I have heard nothing on this so far, I am guessing that nobody was interested just as nobody was interested in comprehensive judging standards for the cars that was presented to the membership at the 1993 National in Texas.

I'm not going to bother any more.

Jack Mueller
Club Historian

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 11, 2008, 02:19:18 PM »
Hello Jack, I was at the meeting at Salem and heard nothing about the judging standards at the meeting but the club President was not there and I am sure that a lot of things did not get done.  The members, car owners and everyone has been waiting for these new standards.  They need to get to the members for fine tuning and I would love to buy a set anytime they are available.  If they are completed please offer them in the Bulletin and the members can get access to them that way.  You have years of hard work in them and we all are waiting to see them.  They are really needed!  Thanks,  Gordie Chamberlin
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 14, 2008, 06:24:26 PM »
Each of the packets runs at least 10 pages, 8 1/2 x 11 and there is one packet for each year/make and in some cases model;  running it in the MONTHLY BULLETIN or the QUARTERLY would be impractical; in fact I never had it planned that this material would go out to members as hard copy.

The computer files (.wpd documents) were on a computer who's hard drive crashed and recovery efforts were unsuccessful.  HOWEVER, I ran off a hard-copy spare set prior to the 2003 National where these were first presented.  I will have to manually type type them in which will take a bit of time.

I am not surprised that it was not brought up at the 2008 National even though Charlotte Dayton had samples (which were sent to her at least twice in the last 10 years!).  There are people in the club who do not want to be tied down to anything in writing as they would find that stuff they are selling members as "factory correct" are in fact not. 

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 15, 2008, 10:07:36 PM »
Hello Jack,  I did not mean to run the packets in the Bulletin or Quarterly but the announcement of their availability.  I am sure that many people would want them for their cars.  Because of the attitude of some of the members resisting change are exactly why we need to get them in the members hands.  When questions on authenticity come up at judging time the car owner can show the judges the guidelines and the judges obviously will not have any evidence to challenge them.  It will not take long for them to be the official word on judging our cars and that is exactly what we want.  When can I get a set?  Gordie
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom