Author Topic: Looking for a sunvisor bracket for 1-piece winshield Kaiser !!  (Read 1882 times)

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
Looking for a sunvisor bracket for 1-piece winshield Kaiser !!
« on: November 24, 2010, 08:28:36 AM »
I am putting a 1-piece windshield in my 51 Kaiser (it is hot - rodded). I have the sunvisor, but it is for a 51 and has the bracket for the center divider.
I am looking for the bracket used on later cars. Please help !!!

See posting http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php?topic=1510.0   in cars for sale section.

I have some parts for sale / trade. I have a VERY DECENT pair of 51 Kaiser front fenders. I also have a driver's side 54 front fender and some other 54 parts (grille, headlight rings, etc. that need restored).

Thanks,
JD

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Looking for a sunvisor bracket for 1-piece winshield Kaiser !!
« Reply #1 on: December 03, 2010, 04:52:52 PM »
JD,

Just a quick note to let you know I have not forgotten you. I still owe you that picture of the Outside Sunvisor Bracket for a 1 piece windshield. I think I have may have located one for sale.  He may require your bracket for a 2-piece windshield and some some cash for it.

Best,

Mark
1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

ind. controls

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 06, 2010, 07:48:24 AM »
Mark,

That's great news, I was just looking at that yesterday. The visor is just so cool that I have to use it !!!

JD

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 08, 2010, 01:14:31 PM »
JD,

Contact Larry Barker in Peoria, AZ. His phone number is 623-486-1403 (home) and 602-373-1456 (cell). I just check with him and he has both the Sunviosr Brackets (Frog) for a 1-piece windshield, as well as the non-adjustable visor for the same. Note: The brackets require a rubber gasket between the bracket and the top of your roof. These gaskets are shaped like [ ] with holes to match the bracket.

What you have currently is an adjustable Sunvisor that was for 2-peice windshield. I have been told that the brackets from one will fit the other, but I have not confirm it for myself. 

Here is a listing on eBay for the Sunvisor for a 1-piece windshield with correct bracket. It is a bit rough and I woudl try Larry first as I know he has better condition ones.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/Kaiser-Manhattan-Sun-Visor-Moon-Visor-1953-bracket-/120657685561?pt=Motors_Car_Truck_Parts_Accessories&hash=item1c17c22c39   

Hope this all he;lps.

1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

R-Sargent

• 51 Kaiser 2dr sedan , 51 Frazer Vagabond
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 14, 2010, 11:26:36 PM »
I ended up buying the trim off this 53 visor on ebay your referring to, it's of little use to me now because i lost the bid on the visor itself. Why the guy sold it in pieces i have no idea but the trim will be up for sale once it arrives from the seller if anyone needs it.