Author Topic: Another member has passed - RIP Dad.  (Read 2972 times)

hoss

• View Profile
    • Madman Motorsports
Another member has passed - RIP Dad.
« on: March 28, 2011, 03:44:05 PM »
Sorry I have been gone for so long all.

I have been taking care of my Dad's (Clarence W. Helm) estate.

He passed away on January 15th peacefully at home after a long battle with Diabetes and Vascular Disease.

Here is a link to his Obituary in the Omaha World Herald.

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/omaha/obituary.aspx?n=clarence-wessley-helm&pid=148134302

Helm, Clarence Wessley
Jul 15, 1938 - Jan 15, 2011
Born in Oelwein, Iowa to Marion Frances and Lola Belle (Tyler) Helm. He served in the Navy from 1956 to 1962. He married Charlene Peterson on September 3, 1961 in Red Oak, Iowa. They lived in the Bellevue, Nebraska area for 32 years. During this time Clarence helped his brother Harold establish Helm's Custom Craft Auto Body Shop. He became an adjuster/ appraiser for Crawford and Co. He retired from Crawford and Co in 1993. While living in Bellevue, Clarence was a long time member of the Bellevue Rod and Gun Club. He was a lifetime member of the NRA and was a certified Arms Instructor. He taught the basic Rifle course at the Gun club for over 20 years. He was a reserve Police Officer for the city of Bellevue for 12 years. When Clarence retired from Crawford and Co, He and Charlene moved to Evanston, Wyoming. Clarence had always loved the mountains and finally got to live in the mountains. Clarence had always worked on cars and restored many. While in Evanston, he was a member of the Evanston Car Cruise group. He enjoyed taking his 1951 Frazer and 1965 Plymouth Fury III on cruises and shows. He joined the Benevolent Protective Order of Elks and enjoyed many activities there. He was a long time member of the Kaiser-Frazer Owners Club International group. Clarence and Charlene moved back to Council Bluffs Iowa in March of 2008 due to Clarence's health and to be closer to family. He was preceded in death by his parents, Marion and Lola Helm, his parents in-law, Donald and Lyra Peterson; infant daughter, Rene' Colene. He is survived by his wife of 49 years Charlene; daughters, Colleen (Kent) Dawson, Cady Tebedo; son, Chris (Shelley) Helm; grandchildren, Chris (Megan) Dawson, Jeremiah Dawson, Sara (Terry) Kilburn, Tiffany Tebedo, Dalton Helm, Kelley Helm, and Kristy Helm; great-grandchildren. Avalyna Dawson, T.J Kilburn, and Payton Kilburn; brothers, Harold L. Helm, Flash G Helm and Robert L. Helm. Clarence donated his body to the Anatomical Board for Medical Research. There will be a Celebration of Life Ceremony on July 15, 2012.
Memorials to Aseracare Hospice and to Boy Scouts Troop 470.
Published in Omaha World-Herald on January 28, 2011 Follow this Obituary

KWZ

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Another member has passed - RIP Dad.
« Reply #1 on: March 28, 2011, 04:38:54 PM »
Sorry for your loss. 
'48 Kaiser Special
'49 Kaiser Virginian
'51 Frazer Manhattan convertible

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: March 28, 2011, 06:04:10 PM »
Sympathies and condolences from this Omaha-born fellow car enthusiast.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

hollenway

« Reply #3 on: March 29, 2011, 06:23:54 AM »
God's Speed Mr. Helm.... Remember the good times with your father - We're all sorry for your loss.   Dave

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: April 14, 2011, 11:41:16 PM »
My families prayers go to you from this fellow Nebraskan.  RIP
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

hoss

• View Profile
    • Madman Motorsports
« Reply #5 on: May 18, 2011, 01:31:23 PM »
For the members that were at the Midwest Meet in the Omaha/Council Bluffs area last weekend.

Thank you very much for the card.
The entire family really appreciated the thoughts and prayers.

Chris Helm

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 18, 2011, 01:54:19 PM »
Hi Chris,  I'm sorry I missed you last weekend. I was visiting cousins in Council Bluffs and snuck away for a bit. Unfortunately, the typo in the bulletin sent me on a wild-goose chase and I never found the meet.  We were pretty busy just the same with the family stuff but it would've been nice to stop by and meet you and and see some others.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Kenn Evans II

• MSN Messenger - winslowcemeteries@gmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 19, 2011, 02:04:25 AM »
Sorry to hear of your fathers passing. Our prayers are with you.
Family of 1952 Kaiser Manhattan 1952 Kaiser Deluxe 1949 Kaiser Traveler 1961 Falcon Ranchero 1963 Galaxie 500 XL Conv. 1964 Cadillac Sovereign Landaulet combination ambulance hearse , 1970 Ford Truck F100 1972 Chevelle SS Conv.  1979 Chevrolet C100 KF Member # 10252