Author Topic: 51 Frazer Inquiry/ Question  (Read 4297 times)

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: 51 Frazer Inquiry/ Question
« Reply #15 on: May 10, 2011, 06:17:07 PM »
That's what I forgot to mention Jim; The fact that they looked good on that car. You're right about that.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: May 11, 2011, 08:36:34 AM »
Back on topic, I have checked out some photos of the 51 Frazer in my Photographix book and I like the side treatment, the belt line dip front to back. Emailed an offer to the seller using JoeFrazer's $500 opinion and have not heard back.

JoeF, also have been following up on that 49 Frazer in New hampshire you (I Think) posted a lead on. That's an interesting story. The seller was an estate. The owner (old man) put it in the garage in 1975.  

The daughters husband Lawrence who runs a photography studio took some high resolution photos of the car but the family did not want to bother getting the 49 Frazer out of the garage in any way.

I was looking into transport when Lawrence emailed me and said due to unforeseen circumstances, the car was sold.

About a week later I look on the JAXED Site Mash and lo and behold there is the same 49 Frazer loaded on a trailer. For $1300. I emailed Lawrence and asked him how much did the car sell for?  He said $400!  There was an emergency estate auction as the land was rented. They just wanted to get rid of it.  

I emailed the seller and offered $750 and explained that I was talking to Lawrence about buying the car when the family decided on the auction route.  He calls me yesterday (the seller) and was long winded and pleasant and described the car as in good shape. The tires even were up, the brakes not seized and so on.   Then the seller said "Yea, the family kept saying they had the car sold to a fellow in IOWA (me) to try and jack up the price this guy paid.  He did not bite as he was the only bidder.  $400 for a perfectly good restorable original condition 49 Frazer.

The seller and I are in discussion on this car. I offered $750 because my transport costs from New Hampshire to Iowa are going to be $1000 at least. It is highly unlikely I will purchase this car because of the transport costs.   Just an interesting story nonetheless.  Greed. This seller was talking up not wanting to part it out or rat rod it and I told him I was in the KF club.  I finally asked, are you firm on price?  He babbled on about rat rodders and such but never committed to going down.

I want to go to that Durst auction next week in Nebraska but there isn't a car in particular I want. I would like to add a 49 Frazer to my prospective purchase of the 49 Virginian but I better quite farting around and buy the Virginian first.
« Last Edit: May 11, 2011, 08:41:35 AM by Roadmaster49 »
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #17 on: May 11, 2011, 01:36:40 PM »
Roadmaster 49...I think you're being more than fair with a $750 offer. That 49F is a good $500 car but needs it all so anything more is a sympathy offer, in my opinion.