Author Topic: RESTORATION GUIDELINES ON THE CIRCLE KF WEBSITE  (Read 1708 times)

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
RESTORATION GUIDELINES ON THE CIRCLE KF WEBSITE
« on: August 16, 2011, 08:12:15 PM »
I was informed by a new club member that the website maintained by Jim Betts contains various items marked RESTORATION GUIDELINES that indicate I was a party to the development and verification.  This is incorrect as I did not participate in the project. 

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: RESTORATION GUIDELINES ON THE CIRCLE KF WEBSITE
« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2011, 09:09:50 AM »
Jack

I would take it up with the site administrator as well.  As the Club Historian, this is a gray area.  In other words, is any information you provide considered copyrighted and we can't use it for correct restoration of our cars?  Or, are you interpreting already published information that in turn was copyrighted years ago? 

Not trying to raise a ruckus just clarification. 
No old cars owned.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2011, 08:53:24 PM »
I wanted to clarify that I had nothing to do with the creation of the Restoration Guidelines.

The only thing I have copyrighted is the content of BUILT TO BETTER THE BEST, the out-of-print history of Kaiser-Frazer that was printed in 2005.  If you read the disclaimer info on KFOCI HANDBOOK Version 4.0 I state that the contents of that CD is not copyrighted and can be used for information.

I hope this settles your question.  I have not been asked to participate in the Restoration Guidelines project.

Oops! Jack posted this under my name in error
« Last Edit: August 24, 2011, 07:56:20 PM by Bulletin Editor »
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2011, 11:07:06 PM »
This is a funny thread.   In my past when I volunteered to spend hundreds of volunteer hours gathering information people would ask to assist, not complain they were given credit for information they gathered and shared.  My apology for walking on toes. 

Anyone who wishes to help capture this important information before it disappears can email me and join in.  All communication on this UNPROJECT will be done off the grid.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com