Author Topic: Windshield gasket or rubber  (Read 6696 times)

George

• View Profile
Windshield gasket or rubber
« on: September 05, 2011, 09:41:31 AM »
Hi Guys
Time for me to start looking for a windshield gasket for my  53 Kaiser. Any ideas as to where I should start. I have to cut it down about 6" to fit my car . The original gasket while cut to fit has some bad spots in the top curves. A good used one might be OK.

As always any help is a help.
George
PS If anybody is selling At Hersey this fall let me know where your at.  Maybe I can stop buy, say hello and check out your pile. Currently I'm not sure what day I'll be there.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Windshield gasket or rubber
« Reply #1 on: September 05, 2011, 12:59:31 PM »
Rudy Phillips has been reproducing the windsheild gaskets for years. Contact Rudy at

Rudy Phillips
2136 Walnut St.
Ramona, CA 92065
1-760-789-3608

He has them listed in his 2010 catalog for $90.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: September 05, 2011, 03:13:19 PM »
We'll be in Chocolate Field, CH3&4. We usually bring odds and ends...if you're looking for something specific for your car, post it here!

There are also a few other KF club members sprinkled throughout the show. One vendor is at the opposite end of the row from Coker tire and another is about in the middle of green field.

George

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 05, 2011, 07:50:32 PM »
Thanks guys
A super start on my quest. I'm still looking for the 54-55 Kaiser right and left radiator splash panels and passenger side radiator cradle to fender bracket.  I have a full 54 dash but none of the control levers for the vents etc. Would be nice to have those.  For me it's always been about the build not the drive. I've had a great time saving a 53 K from the scrap pile. 

AZ_HJ

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 06, 2011, 12:28:23 PM »
George,

Have you tried Larry Braker for any of these '54 Kaiser items? He has quite a collection of 53 - 54 Kaiser Parts.

The Kaiser Store      Land Line: 623.486.1403  Cell: 602.373.1456     

1948 Willy CJ2A Jeep
1952 Henry J Vagabond Deluxe
1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe

George

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: September 23, 2011, 04:53:19 PM »
Thanks again for all the info. Will be going to Hersey Saturday the 8th if all goes well. Hope to see a few of you.
You may have noticed I cant get back on this site to often. Between very young Grandsons and working on my Kaiser I don't get a lot of PC time.

Looking forward to Hersey
George

Skipplehammer

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: September 24, 2011, 09:34:43 AM »
Will there be anyone at Hershey with Henry J. parts?  I'm still trying to find Headliner Bows & Clips.  Planning to go on Friday.
1951 Henry J.
6 cyl, O/D
KFOCI # 5949

BT Express

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: catalog
« Reply #7 on: July 05, 2017, 01:02:28 PM »
Trying to Google Rudy Phillips catalog

kenandcher

• View Profile
« Reply #8 on: July 13, 2017, 01:11:17 PM »
I need door window rubber for 1949 Traveler.  Rudy doesn't have any and apparently will not be getting any more. (kkaiser25@q.com)

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: July 13, 2017, 06:26:18 PM »
If you're looking for the rear hatch rubber, you can use the larger gasket that fits the sedan. A good glass company should be able trim and reconnect it as needed.

Update - Oops, just re-read and realized you want door rubber. If you have a piece for a pattern, check with Restoration Specialties in Windber, PA...they carry a large selection of door gaskets. You should be able to find a good match.

http://www.restorationspecialties.com/
« Last Edit: July 13, 2017, 06:31:05 PM by joefrazer »

kenandcher

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: July 26, 2017, 05:16:15 PM »
I am looking for the rubber for the vent wings, and windows (front and rear) for a 1949 Traveler.  I am also interested in the rubber for the rear hatch just haven't gotten to that yet.  I was wondering with these 3 D printers why no one has tried reproducing mold parts for hard to find pieces and parts.  Should make this restoration business much simpler.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #11 on: July 26, 2017, 07:59:32 PM »
Rubber gaskets can be obtained from Rudy's KF parts at rudyskfparts@sbcglobal.net

He may not have everything in stock, but he should have most of what you're looking for.