Author Topic: It's Hershey time again!  (Read 1346 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
It's Hershey time again!
« on: September 22, 2011, 05:39:02 PM »
As you know the Hershey swap meet is the first week in October and I will be going there for about the thirty fifth year in a row.  There are 26 miles of swap meet spaces and about 2,000 beautiful cars at the car show on Saturday plus a mile of cars lined up for sale.  If you've never been it is a great event and lots of Kaiser Frazer members and cars will be there.  I hope we run into each other as we cruise the aisles looking for who knows what.  I hope to see many of you there!  Gordie
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: It's Hershey time again!
« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2011, 07:48:15 PM »
We'll be there at our usual spaces in Chocolate Field. Keep your fingers crossed that the liquid sunshine stays away!!

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2011, 09:22:53 PM »
Leads to a question.  I was at Hershey last year but only for one day. I was not necessarily looking for KF stuff. Is there generally a good showing of KF parts and literature/ads at Hershey?
No old cars owned.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #3 on: September 23, 2011, 06:28:54 AM »
There are a few KF club members who set up and sell parts but aside from them, it's like finding a needle in a haystack. Every now and then tho, stuff does surface so that makes walking the 26 miles of spaces worth it! I also collect prewar Graham stuff and 2 years ago hit the motherlode of literature. I stumbled upon a fellow who set up a card table with nothing but Graham items...by the time I left his space, he was able to fold up the table and go home. My wallet was lighter but I found what I was after!

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: September 23, 2011, 01:24:02 PM »
Unusual Kaiser Frazer parts and collectibles seem to get harder and harder to find each year. Even if you do not find much the opportunity to find goodies like joefrazer did makes it worth the trip to the largest old car swap meet in the world.  I hope I see you there!
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom