Author Topic: Dad's Kaiser  (Read 1191 times)

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
Dad's Kaiser
« on: December 30, 2011, 01:19:23 PM »
This is a period picture of one of my dad's many cars. This photo was taken in the early fifties in the old neighborhood in Camillus, NY, a small suburb of Syracuse. I'd like to know the year and model of this fine specimen. I know he bought it as a second car while he and my mom still had a '46 Pontiac they bought new. Thanks in advance for your help.

Gary.

Jim B PEI

• People want simple answers, even if they are wrong
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dad's Kaiser
« Reply #1 on: December 30, 2011, 01:58:07 PM »
Fancy!  Its a 49-50 Kaiser--only the tag can tell the difference and quite highly trimmed I'm guessing. I can't quite make out is there is a rectangular glass panel between the front and rear doors or if it is solid metal. It has the (expensive and rare now for 1949-50 cars) factory fender skirts, which would make me think that it was a Deluxe at the very least, and possibly something more expensive like a Hardtop (glass panel, same as the convertibles KF 49-50 and F 51).

What about that roof--was it paint of a fabric of some sort?
KF
49 Kaiser Special Glass Green, Saskatchewan new
Studebaker
64 2dr 170-6 auto Astra White Commander Special
63 4dr Wagonaire 259V8 o/d Blue
57 4dr 185-6 auto Glendale Green/Turquoise
57 4dr 185-6 o/d Glendale Green/Turquoise W6 clone
lawn art
57 Stude 259V8 auto. 56 Panhard

darrin145

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Dad's Kaiser
« Reply #2 on: December 30, 2011, 02:12:28 PM »
Thanks Jim - That was fast! The roof does have a covering, a light covering of snow! The roof was body color and no glass between the doors. I wish I still had the skirts, they could help me pay off the Christmas debt! Thanks again.

Gary.

PS - I travelled thru your part of the world, many years ago, with an uncle of mine who was a cutler by trade and a very good artist (oils & water colors). We took hundreds of pictures over a 2 week period. My greatest memory was the boat ride in the bay of Fundy and that rock, on a very rough day!