Author Topic: Vagabond v Traveller  (Read 1015 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
Vagabond v Traveller
« on: December 29, 2011, 03:02:09 PM »
I went back and re-read a Hemmings Classic Car I had from about 2 years ago and it featured an article on a Carribbean Coral Vagabond owned by a collector in Arizona.  It also featured a lot of good information from Kaiser Bill. Glad I did not toss that Hemmings Classic Car.

Anyway I was intrigued by the commentary of the differences between the Vagabond and the Traveller.  Seems the Vagabond was a much higher trim level.   Does anyone have production breakout between the Vagabond and Traveller for 1949 and 1950?

Dids each have name plates or did they get sold with no "Vagabond" or "Traveller" nameplates?
No old cars owned.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
Re: Vagabond v Traveller
« Reply #1 on: December 29, 2011, 06:04:57 PM »
The KFOCI HANDBOOK VERSION 4.0 (the CD) has the factory's production counts for both Traveler and Vagabonds of the 1949-50 model year.  The pictures with the respective models shows VAGABOND fender script on Vagabonds, TRAVELER script on Travelers, front fenders both sides.

Travelers were part of the Kaiser Special (K491/K501) series and Vagabonds were part of the Kaiser Deluxe (K492/K502) series.  Door post serial number tags will list the series, and the firewall body tags will show the series and a "5" for the body type.

The HANDBOOK information also lists factory installed accessories, exterior paint, interior trims, etc.

The 698 page document on CD goes out to new members as part of their introduction materials (as far as I know) and went out to all members back in the fall of 2009, along with an issue of the QUARTERLY and the 2010 KFOCI Calendar.  Information on accessing information off the CD was part of the QUARTERLY mailed with it.