Author Topic: steering wheel cover  (Read 1213 times)

boatingbill

• View Profile
    • Email
steering wheel cover
« on: December 20, 2011, 11:55:51 PM »
FYI: I am not promoting this seller, but I went on e-bay under "Vintage car and truck parts" and typed
in  "steering wheel cover" and then sorted by lowest price. A ad came up for a lace on cover for a old
car steering wheel (my 51 Kaiser is a 17"diameter). He was asking $1.95 plus $3.95 shipping. I
ordered one and it came today. They are NOS and fit the car perfectly and our in nice condition. The
only issue is they are tan but that works with most interiors. My wheel has cracks on the rime only
and this worked fine for me. His ad is still there so he has more but I don't know how many. Not a
bad deal at $5.90. I have been looking for one for a while and this is the first I found.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
Re: steering wheel cover
« Reply #1 on: December 21, 2011, 12:12:51 AM »
I used some left over bambu to make a steering wheel cover and laced it.  A bit puffy but better than letting the cracks show.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 21, 2011, 05:38:55 AM »
Remember,NOS means New Old Stock.  This is a part that is still in its original packaging and is as old (or in the time frame) as the car.  It also should have a factory part number.  NORS is New Old Replacement Stock or aftermarket parts from the time period when the vehicle was new.   Is it still a NOS part?

boatingbill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 21, 2011, 06:35:42 PM »
Sorry about that. It is a NORS, not a NOS. It is still in it's original package as you can see on
the e-bay ad. The vinyl is soft with no cracks and is pliable. A quick fix until a better steering
wheel can be found. My wheel is fine except hairline cracks around the rim only.