Author Topic: Terry Trasatti's Darrin featured in the Sept. 2012 Automobile magazine  (Read 1336 times)

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
If you would like to see a really pretty Darrin don't miss the Sept. issue of Automobile Magazine as there is a nice two page article on this beautiful white Darrin.  With seven color photos and a very interesting short history of the Darrin it makes for good reading.  Way to go Terry!!
« Last Edit: July 22, 2012, 06:56:25 PM by gordie »
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
Thanks Gordie,

I had not known that the article had been released.

Here is the back story.

This past spring, the magazine sent the reporter and 2 photographers to my shop.
While I was being interviewed, they took about 100 pics of my 2 Kaisers (mostly the Darrin) and my shop, including my collections of auto-mobilia.
Then, we drove to a neighboring historic town to get pics in front of rustic buildings.  They had originally planned to shoot these pics at the historic Meadowbrook Hall, where I had taken a Blue Ribbon at the Concours d'Elegance in 2009.  But, that was not permitted unless a healthy fee was paid.
After that, the reporter drove my car (gasp!) on a tree lined country road so that videos could be shot.

I had talked at length about KFOCI and the Darrin Register but it appears that space did not permit that discussion in the article.