Author Topic: Turn signals light but don't blink  (Read 1829 times)

bearman

• View Profile
    • Email
Turn signals light but don't blink
« on: September 27, 2012, 07:35:13 PM »

Thanks to Fid for the info on turn signal wiring.  I've got everything wired, bulbs are fine (I did not change any of them--they all work), achieved the needed ground in the left rear turn signal light (yep, the deck-mounted one), and when I turn the turn signal either left or right, the appropriate lights go ON but do not BLINK.  I installed a new flasher, "535 6-volt, 32CP - MAX 6, Heavy Duty Flasher, fuse input lead."  Napa Auto Parts checked their book and said this is the right flasher for "vintage cars that are 6-volt."  But I'm wondering if that's true.  Rudy Phillips sells a flasher for $25, part #215800; do I need THAT one?  Any ideas on what could keep the turn signals from blinking correctly?  BTW, my car is now set up with a Negative ground.  If the turn signals pre-date the conversion from positive ground (quite likely), could this have a bearing on the flasher or the turn signal mechanism? (Sorry if that's stupid question.)  Perhaps I need a flasher that's not "heavy duty" ?