Author Topic: Bulletin Editor  (Read 5171 times)

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
Bulletin Editor
« on: December 31, 2012, 02:59:58 PM »
I just sent Barb the following message but doubt that it will get forwarded  "Barb I agreed with your Dec editorial and will miss you as Editor you did a good job" In her editorial she had a point that needed further investigation I hope she was not encourage to resign as the announcement implied . I also hope this event will not harm the club

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Bulletin Editor
« Reply #1 on: December 31, 2012, 03:44:09 PM »
Interesting post. It is indeed one of those things that makes you go " hmmmmmmm"
1951 Henry J Deluxe

Terry T

• EX--Editor Darrin Newsletter/Registry
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: December 31, 2012, 05:31:47 PM »
This issue is appropriately discussed by our President in the Jan 2013 Bulletin.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: December 31, 2012, 09:11:50 PM »
For the record ... I did NOT resign.

I was removed as editor because I exposed Mike Barker in the Dec issue - and by extension, exposed other deceptions to the membership.

Rather than post it all here, I welcome any club member who wants to know more to call me: 716-276-8083.
« Last Edit: December 31, 2012, 09:54:16 PM by Barbara »
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

alohagreen

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: December 31, 2012, 10:16:26 PM »
For the record ... I did NOT resign.

I was removed as editor because I exposed Mike Barker in the Dec issue - and by extension, exposed other deceptions to the membership.

Rather than post it all here, I welcome any club member who wants to know more to call me: 716-276-8083.

N I C E !!!
alohageen is here to help,
a little help goes a LONG way...

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: December 31, 2012, 10:51:29 PM »
Barbara will be difficult to replace!!!
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

porsche1914

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: January 01, 2013, 12:23:52 PM »
Make the call as Barbara said,I did, then you really will go hmmmmmm.
1951 Henry J Deluxe

Aeroman

• View Profile
    • Willys Aero Survival Count
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: January 01, 2013, 09:57:46 PM »
This whole bit just galls me. We are supposed to be a club of like-interested individuals. I don't really know what happened, but do not think that airing our dirty laundry is in any way constructive. Discussions of problems should be presented to the board of directors for review/resolution before anything is done publicly. If the board is a problem, then perhaps some discussion privately among regular members is needed for possible action.
Barbara - did you consult other members of the board before publishing your comments? If not, you should not have published those comments. Although I am an appointed member of the board, I knew nothing of a problem and would've liked to know about it because perhaps I might see a resolution.
As to your resignation, forced or voluntary, it might have been avoided. Over the years, you've done an excellent job as editor and I'd like to see you continue in that position. I'm sorry this has happened, especially in the public eye.
Rick Kamen
KFOCI LM4314 since 1979
Willys Aero Survival Count
aeroman@aol.com
http://clubs.hemmings.com/willysaero
1954 Willys Aero Eagle "Old Toby"
1964 Ford Econoline panel van
Once owned 11 other Willys Aeros and a Willys wagon, 2 Kaisers, 1 Henry J, plus Studebakers, Hudsons, a Nash and others.

Logan

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: January 05, 2013, 11:19:12 PM »
I also do not know what happened, and I do not even know the parties involved personally, but I agree with Aeroman's comments that appropriate channels be followed (by one and all).  Truly hope that all can be resolved in the best possible manner without adverse effects for the club.

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2013, 04:07:11 PM »
Rick don't let this  die there are $4611 reasons for this to get investigated . For sure if Barb needed to get board of directors permission to write an editorial then Jim and Mike needed to get permission to fire her. You as s a board member should demand a fuller explanation I guess it should be behind closer doors. since no one likes to have it aired in public

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #10 on: January 06, 2013, 04:19:36 PM »
Is this Forum or even our Newsletter truely a public forum?  They both seem like Club Member forums.  Club transparncy seems like a good idea to me.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

dusty

• MSN Messenger - mr_blueberry30@hotmail.com
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #11 on: January 08, 2013, 01:23:18 PM »
Jim , I fully agree with you. this is a club publication not a general news paper/media airing, the whole matter suould be looked into now, as there is plenty of "fault"? to go around

Gordie

• MSN Messenger - gordies1@verizon.net
    • AOL Instant Messenger - Gordie
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #12 on: January 08, 2013, 05:25:54 PM »
None of us seems to know what happened but we have suddenly lost one of the best editors that we ever had and who enjoyed her job and had much back-up from our Club Historian.  A real loss for everyone involved!  Many of the old club officers fought Jack Mueller to the bitter end in his attempt to put some authenticity into the judging system.  Aren't we all working for the betterment of the club???
Member #3151 Since June 1974
Vice President K.F.O.C.I. 2013-2017  President 2018-2019
'47 Graham Paige Frazer                                   
'51 Kaiser Deluxe club coupe       
'51 Kaiser customized convertible 
'52 Allstate serial#39
'53 Aero Eagle
'54 Aero Eagle Custom

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: January 08, 2013, 07:34:28 PM »

Starting way back, this club has bitterly resisted uniform judging against written standards. They have insisted on the arbitrary standards of who ever was the currently guru. There has been more than one rumor of improper consideration over the years. I have an experience of my own, but I do not wish to be sued and will not relate.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #14 on: January 09, 2013, 03:56:31 PM »
I speak here only for judging and accuarcy issues, NOT anything to do with the Bulletin.

While there seems to be a lot of sincere interest among members about fixing the problems connected with judging standards & the training of judges, when it comes time to go to a Business Meeting and hold the club management's feet to the fire (so to speak) to get things fixed (or elect new officers that will commit to fixing problems and follow through) past history indicates that the effort fades out or the effort is so badly organized (perhaps not by accident?) that the nay-sayers say it cannot be done & steam roller over it.  Past events suggest that the people who protest the loudest may be the people with the most to loose if written standards were distributed to car owners and they could really see what's supposed to be what.

I have a plan to fix things and put it in place on a two-year timetable. 
« Last Edit: January 09, 2013, 03:59:39 PM by kaiserfrazerlibrary »