Author Topic: kaiser cars  (Read 6774 times)

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: kaiser cars
« Reply #15 on: March 21, 2013, 01:01:41 AM »
We will see if this works... Thanks, to Jim Betts on all His hard work on getting wonderful History on the Net.

Please Note: At the top is the Page. Go to next starting with 51 Dragons till You get to Page 16 is 53 Dragon ...

http://circlekf.com/kflit/kfqtrlypageresults.php?pub=KC&typ=QM&nbr=028&seq=001&pag=008&Submit=Search   

Best, G.B. LM 4307
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 01:14:52 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

pnw_oldmags

• Administrator
  • Personal Text
    • View Profile
    • CircleKF Website
    • Email
« Reply #16 on: March 21, 2013, 08:56:13 AM »
Jack, This is one case where the messenger gets some hugs sharing what great historians like yourself dig out of the archives.  Your caution below is valid that just because it was printed in a KFOCI Quarterly back in the 1970s does not make it the whole truth ... but well worth being considered.  Thanks Jack for all you do.
Jim Betts  LM6945
PNW Traveler Editor
CircleKF Webmaster
https://circlekf.com

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: March 21, 2013, 12:42:40 PM »
I want to Thank Everybody for keeping the old History & the latest News We can learn from K.F. Product.

I have always hoped for a Factory Dragon List. Each of the 1277 or more of & Color combinations.

We have One Sun Goddess.   One found but how do We know an Executive did not have One made ?

I have throughout the Years study Dragons. We have 2 Black Dragons. Last few Month's We know the location of them.

More Later... G.B.
« Last Edit: March 21, 2013, 10:56:15 PM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #18 on: March 21, 2013, 01:10:34 PM »
There is one possibility to find out details on EACH 1953 Kaiser Dragon produced.  When a Dragon was sold at retail, the Retail Delivery Report Card (RDR) information on buyer name and address was forwarded to Edgar Kaiser's office.  The Dragon owner got a personally signed letter from Edgar thanking him or her for the purchase.  It might just be that there is a folder or folders among Edgar's 1953 Kaiser-Frazer papers that list the buyer info and may even tie back to at least a serial number on the car.  These papers can be perused by the public at the Bancroft Library on the campus of University of California-Berkeley.  The hundreds of banker boxes making up Edgar's material (at least 66 of them specific to Kaiser-Frazer) are dead stored in Richmond so you just can't drop in for a look through, but arrangements can be made in advance to have the appropriate boxes moved over to the library.

This is the only possibility I know of for the info you want at present.

xkssfrank

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #19 on: March 21, 2013, 03:44:00 PM »
Dragon top material" my Dragon now has Black vinyl.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #20 on: March 21, 2013, 10:54:12 PM »
There is one possibility to find out details on EACH 1953 Kaiser Dragon produced.  When a Dragon was sold at retail, the Retail Delivery Report Card (RDR) information on buyer name and address was forwarded to Edgar Kaiser's office.  The Dragon owner got a personally signed letter from Edgar thanking him or her for the purchase.  It might just be that there is a folder or folders among Edgar's 1953 Kaiser-Frazer papers that list the buyer info and may even tie back to at least a serial number on the car.  These papers can be perused by the public at the Bancroft Library on the campus of University of California-Berkeley.  The hundreds of banker boxes making up Edgar's material (at least 66 of them specific to Kaiser-Frazer) are dead stored in Richmond so you just can't drop in for a look through, but arrangements can be made in advance to have the appropriate boxes moved over to the library.

This is the only possibility I know of for the info you want at present.
Jack,
My Niece is going to UCLA, but Berkeley was another choice. I wish now She did, this would of been a good assignment for Her.

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #21 on: March 22, 2013, 08:32:46 AM »
Also, according to interviews with ex-engineers and styling people there was only 1 Sun Goddess hardtop produced; there were more problems than anticipated with fitting the top and the rear glass (it was a very tough to contour single plece of glass which broke in later hears & replaced by plexi).

xkssfrank

• View Profile
    • Email
Re:kaiser cars
« Reply #22 on: April 04, 2013, 12:05:21 PM »
Have not removed my blk Vinyl top yet, maybe later this summer and install the Bambu my data shows, K5300-001371/5301-1360/097/5308/1/7/00/59/392.
Reg card shows, bought in San Luis Obispo/by MM or Barbara V Silva/ title issued CA Jan 16, 1953. perhaps you can add this to your files.if you dont have it already.

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #23 on: April 05, 2013, 12:55:23 AM »
 Here would be the Dragon List :     http://circlekf.com/kfcars/k5301.htm   It was started by Langworth & Behnke . I sent it to Hagen when put on the Web. Many have worked to keep it updated. 

Other Dragon info on Our Forums is located under : Virginians, Hardtops, Convertibles, & Dragons ... 
http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php/board,9.0.html 
« Last Edit: April 05, 2013, 01:09:28 AM by G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon) »

xkssfrank

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #24 on: April 05, 2013, 11:32:10 AM »
ID correction, my Dragon is K530-1359