Author Topic: Greetings from down under  (Read 1354 times)

Ditchy

• View Profile
    • Email
Greetings from down under
« on: January 20, 2014, 04:41:50 PM »
Hi all,

Greetings from Australia.

I am keen to purchase a 49/50 Virginian here.  If this sale eventuates, then I look forward to joining your Club as I will need a lot of info from current owners.

Cheers,

Ditchy ...  8)
Ditchy
'63 Holden EJ Premier
'54 Kaiser Manhattan

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Greetings from down under
« Reply #1 on: January 20, 2014, 06:46:50 PM »
Welcome Ditchy.  Whereabouts in Australia?  I spent time in Cairnes and down in Sidney a few years ago.  I didn't see a lot of classic cars there but I did see what looked like an old Willys cruise by one day, faster than I could grab my camera!  Is the car you're looking at  a right hand drive or is imported from the US?
Keep us posted.

1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: January 20, 2014, 08:27:39 PM »
Cars that were built for sale in the USA have a number "1" under the body firewall tag heading of DR.  If your car has a "2" under this heading it was built for sale outside the 48 United States & should have a number beginning with FO or K- at the header marked SPEC-FO.  When K-F was in operation, this number would tie back to a folder on file in the Export Division that detailed the changes or special equipment on the car from regular production so if parts were needed, the factory could send the right stuff.

Ditchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: January 21, 2014, 05:00:06 AM »
Hi friends,
I live in Ballarat, Victoria about 1 1/2 hours west of Melbourne. The car that I am keen on is left hand drive and I do not want to go into too much detail at this early stage. If the sale goes ahead, I can then devulge the history of the vehicle.
Cheers ...
Ditchy
'63 Holden EJ Premier
'54 Kaiser Manhattan

Ditchy

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: January 21, 2014, 03:49:47 PM »
Thank you Kaiser Frazer Library for the feedback.  I look forward to discussing my new purchase (hopefully).

Regards ...
Ditchy
'63 Holden EJ Premier
'54 Kaiser Manhattan