Author Topic: Fun Kaiser story (mulitple people and generations)  (Read 660 times)

rlahammer

• View Profile
Fun Kaiser story (mulitple people and generations)
« on: February 08, 2014, 08:57:48 PM »
So as some of you know I am pretty new to the Kaiser community as i recently picked up a couple of Dragons (well it is up to 3 now). One of the big reasons I liked Kaisers is my father in law was a salesman at Northwest Kaiser Frazer in Minneapolis. So he is still around and very proud of my affinity for Kaisers and he always said the dragon was on of the nicest looking cars ever produced.

NOW i have been looking for items from Northwest Kaiser Frazer. Well on eBay someone lists an original paperwork/owner manual for a 1952 Kaiser and it includes the dealer sign put on cars. So i buy the item last night and it turns out it was the son of the original owner and by the way I was very good friends with his father and he lived in my retirement home (passed away years ago). In his 80's this dude took me out in his new impala SS and hit about 120MPH!!

So talk about multiple connections and confluence of many parts of my life!!

By the way I am restoring my first car (Dragon) and its not going well  :-\

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Fun Kaiser story (mulitple people and generations)
« Reply #1 on: February 08, 2014, 11:35:10 PM »
I still have the license frame here Rob.  It has your name on it.  A little FYI, my father-in-law passed away unexpected in Dec so don't wait too long. Let me know if or when you're in the area so we can hook up.
Lowell

Great story by the way!
« Last Edit: February 08, 2014, 11:37:16 PM by Fid »
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios