Author Topic: About to join the Kaiser flock  (Read 3904 times)

51Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
About to join the Kaiser flock
« on: May 13, 2014, 07:41:10 PM »
As can be seen in this thread, http://kfclub.com/forum/index.php/topic,5766.0.html , I just became the proud owner of a "new" 51 Kaiser Deluxe, my first Kaiser. Intend to join the club as soon as I figure out how !

Originally I was bidding on a maroon '51 two door sedan with great upholstery but needing a lot of love otherwise. After calculating (and verifying) the work done to the Deluxe, and what it would cost me to do it to the two door, I deduced that I was better off buying the restored car. Yes, I will miss out on some of the "fun" of restoration, but being able to jump in and drive it right to a cruise night has its merits.

It's traveling over 800 miles to get here. Fortunately I found a Hemmings advertiser near the car who both inspected it and will transport it. It was nice to be able to avoid the whole "transport broker" issue.

Being new to Kaiser, I'm sure I'll be all over the forum with a lot of dumb questions, so bear with me.

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: About to join the Kaiser flock
« Reply #1 on: May 13, 2014, 09:10:30 PM »
You can join the club in one of two ways. Visit our self service portal at http://www.kfclubmembership.com/default.asp where you can join online or print a mailable application. Once processed you'll start receiving a monthly news bulletin, a welcome package with lots of useful information and at the end of the year, a calendar that one of our dedicated members publishes.

We look forward to you joining the flock! And, congratulations on your recent purchase!

51Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: May 13, 2014, 10:16:57 PM »
Joined about an hour ago, a painless process. Looking forward to getting the bulletin (and the car!)

MilesP

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: May 13, 2014, 10:27:52 PM »
Welcome aboard you will find this to be a fantastic bunch of people they will help you in any way they can. I have two that I enjoy a 51 and a 55 I favor the 55 it has power steering which helps me a good deal

84RabbitGTI

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: May 16, 2014, 12:41:40 AM »
Welcome!  I hope you have as much enjoyment from your '51 as we have had during our 21 years of ownership!  This was soon after we got the car. Drove from where we lived at the time over to Mobile, Alabama to the USS Alabama battleship, 1992.
L Mommsen
Marysville, WA
1951 Kaiser Deluxe 4 Dr
Member #6356 Since 1988

kfnut

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 16, 2014, 06:27:33 AM »
Les I was glad to see this picture as this is the first time Deb and I meet you at the Ft. Conde car show in Mobile .  I was amazed to see another Kaiser there.

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 16, 2014, 07:24:22 AM »
Joined about an hour ago, a painless process. Looking forward to getting the bulletin (and the car!)

Welcome to the club! You'll soon start receiving the Monthly News Bulletin. It's offered in 2 formats: a paper version, black ink on white paper sent via USPS; or, an enhanced color version sent by email. If you'd like to sample the email version, send a request to: bulletin@kfclub.com 

There's no obligation to convert from paper to email, but there are benefits for relinquishing paper: email is sent in advance of the paper version, can be accessed anywhere you can access your email, and includes extra features. This is a great option for snowbirds, travelers and/or foreign members, anyone who wants to reduce paper consumption and/or clutter, and anyone who wants a “jump” on the monthly content. You can also adjust font & photo size for your reading pleasure, as well as one-click hyperlink access for websites & email contacts.
Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

51Deluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 16, 2014, 08:23:53 PM »
Welcome!  I hope you have as much enjoyment from your '51 as we have had during our 21 years of ownership!  This was soon after we got the car. Drove from where we lived at the time over to Mobile, Alabama to the USS Alabama battleship, 1992.

Great looking car! Just wondering where you lived at the time as I grew up in Pensacola, and we visited the USS Alabama often.