Author Topic: KF at auctions  (Read 1245 times)

joefrazer

• View Profile
KF at auctions
« on: April 18, 2015, 07:42:55 PM »
Found a 49K Deluxe at an auction outside of Dayton OH next month. Looks like a nice car.
http://www.auctionzip.com/cgi-bin/photopanel.cgi?listingid=2395690&category=0&zip=44026&kwd=kaiser

There's a Kaiser Jeep in this sale...along with many other rusty relics. There's also a 1956 Hash (Hudson/Nash) with a continental kit and factory A/C. This is a rare car. I once owned two of them for about 3 hours. I bought them at auction and before I left, I resold them for what I had in everything I bought that day which also included a 53 Willys Aero Ace, a 51 Kaiser Special, and a 54 Packard convertible.

JFerriss

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KF at auctions
« Reply #1 on: April 18, 2015, 11:30:01 PM »
Wow, it looks like Karls Klassics is going up for auction. I had long wanted to drive down to St. Henry, OH to check out that Kaiser but never got around to it. Then it showed up at the 2013 Fall Auburn auction but did not make reserve so it went back. I saw it at Auburn and it is a nice overall Kaiser. All original including interior. The interior was in reasonably good condition with some fading and a few separations. Some pitting on the grill chrome but overall the car looked very nice and sounded smooth idling when it was in line to go to the arena. Looked like a nice ready to drive Kaiser for someone to enjoy and refurbish to show later. Color is Caribbean Coral.

carbuff1941

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: KF at auctions
« Reply #2 on: April 19, 2015, 09:43:07 AM »
I'm planning on going to this auction.  It will be interesting to see if Karl has a reserve on all the cars he has for sale.  He has had the Kaiser for about 10 years; nice car but over priced.  They claim it has sold before but returned (traded) for other cars.  It should sell for about $5000.00 if Karl will let it go for that amount.