Author Topic: Thanks for letting me in the group  (Read 1275 times)

tubby51

• View Profile
    • Email
Thanks for letting me in the group
« on: May 29, 2015, 03:47:21 PM »
I recently bought a '51 Henry J..Not original, but I love it. Stretched nose and chopped top. Drag car now, but pretty easy to put on the street soon. Car is all steel and in as good a shape as the photo looks..I may ask for small parts help and other advice..Attached a pic..Thanks again..Gene

alohagreen

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Thanks for letting me in the group
« Reply #1 on: May 29, 2015, 05:32:30 PM »
W E L C O M E
alohageen is here to help,
a little help goes a LONG way...

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: June 02, 2015, 09:06:50 AM »
tubby
I personally think the KF folks are some of the most inclusive friendly people around so modified cars are not an issue.  I like a modified Henry J for dragstrip use.  There are plenty of original Henry J's left so no one should care about the modifications. 

Thanks for sharing your cool ride!
No old cars owned.

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: June 02, 2015, 01:10:18 PM »
I like the original cars best myself but I also understand that they cannot all be restored and bringing one back in any form is a good thing as far as I'm concerned.  I know what work it takes and I appreciate what people do to keep these cars in the public eye. I would like a to do custom J someday myself but there's always this thing called "money" that prevents it.  Welcome and bring that car out where people can see and enjoy it. 
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: June 03, 2015, 09:51:25 AM »
The automobile is a personal thing for its owner.  We do have a modified class for judging purposes where quality of the workmanship and the engineering behind the changes are the major factors rather than is it factory correct.  While personally, I would not like to see something restorable gutted and cut up for hot rod/dragster uses, again it is a personal thing.