Author Topic: Kaiser model info request  (Read 2063 times)

djcella48

• View Profile
Kaiser model info request
« on: August 10, 2015, 01:37:17 PM »
My apologies if this post is being made in the incorrect topic area - I'm new to the forum.

I am looking for information about the Kaiser in the attached photo such as: what year the car is and more curiously, why is the car badged with what appears to be "Executive Green" on the left front quarter panel? My Google searches turn up a color the company used but nothing as to why a car would have a script trim piece on it denoting a color (I own a 1957 Buick which has the year on the front and back which was unique for that year).  Did Kaiser do this for just this model bc of the color?

Thanks in advance,

D.J. Cella

joefrazer

• View Profile
Re: Kaiser model info request
« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2015, 06:52:10 PM »
In 1949 and 50, the Deluxe model Kaisers had the car's color attached to the fender. It was a novel idea that didn't really catch on. Today, NOS script commands a premium.

Neat picture!

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2015, 09:45:43 PM »
Some other colors seen on the fender flanks of 1949/50 Kaiser deluxe models are "Bermuda Tan", "Onyx", "Academy Blue", "Caribbean Coral", "Flax", "Polar Gray", "Clay Pipe", "Hickory Brown", "Linden Green", "Crystal Green", "Glass Green"...  yes as a restorer, if you were missing a piece of script for one of these it was a challenge finding a replacement.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios

G.B. (All Vinyl Dragon)

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #3 on: August 11, 2015, 07:47:24 AM »
Wow, I forgot that many Colors. I know Linden Green , Academy Blue . I have not looked at the 49 - 50 Kaiser list. Does anyone know a most popular - rarest Color for the 2 Years ?

On the 1957 Buick I was always told that was the only Time they have done that ? One of Our Local Club Members had one. He did lots of research.
I know stay on K. F. , They Also had a All Chrome Dash this Year.  He told Me that was copied from The Dragon 1953, Like the Buick Grill on the 1954 - 55 Kaiser. 
Research on All Vinyl Dragons & Dragon List.
G.B. Bonham LM  K.F.O.C. Club.
Also: Vintage Electronics, TV, Stereo, Radio, & Broadcasting.
Looking for Kaye Halbert TV, 27 inch screen mid 50's
made in Culver City, Calif.

dpledger

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: August 11, 2015, 09:45:47 PM »
Saw a "Yale Blue" in a junkyard circa '60. Never saw or heard of another. Was really not in bad shape-still rolling. Salvaging was beyond my starving student status of the time, but think back regretfully now.

boatingbill

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: August 12, 2015, 09:00:26 AM »
dpledger: My dad had his '53 Kaiser for 16 years and we spent many Saturdays hitting most every salvage yard in Minnesota. When
my dad had to work weekends, John Haller (long time Kaiser/Frazer/Darrin owner) and I did the same thing. We found rare KF products
in those yards, but couldn't save them all. He found two Dragon's in northern Minnesota that were well rusted but had perfect
interiors that he removed and stored in the attic of his garage. I always wondered what happened to them. I found a rust free '51
Club Coupe that had been hit in the front and the engine was gone. The salvage guy said $25 bucks OBO but I didn't have the money
or the space. Hind sight is always 20/20.

Corsairdeluxe

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: August 12, 2015, 09:13:23 AM »
Bill...I once turned downTHREE Darrins and the parts to restore them for $14,000.
Jim Brown aka Corsairdeluxe
10 Henrys and 1 ALLSTATE
behind me. J less at the moment and having irrational thoughts.

FleetMaster

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: August 12, 2015, 10:03:46 AM »
Off brand story but late 80's 1939 Packard V12 sedan, running, clean, driver quality interior and paint- $750.00.  Missed being first money on scene by one hour.  Was almost every dime a kid fresh out of high school could muster but...  Couple other stories along the way coulda, shoulda, woulda but none that big a miss.  Isn't hindsight painful at times?? :(
1923 T Roadster- stock
1951 Frazer Convertible
1951 Frazer Vagabond home couple weeks
1953 Packard Clipper Sedan
2 into 1 1953 Packard 8P sedans- project
1954 Hudson Hornet 4D sedan plus 2 1954 Wasp 2D sedans
1959 Rambler 6 Sedan
1961 Studebaker Hawk 289 3spd od
1964 Studebaker Avanti
1974 Avanti II

Fid

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: August 12, 2015, 10:34:29 AM »
boatingbill, I believe John Haller sold all of his parts to Larry Smith in Iowa.  Last time I was at French Lake Auto Parts, there were still 2 '53 Dragons there. Both completely shot but they were there.
1953 Henry J Corsair Deluxe
Edgar Kaiser's custom 1951 Henry J
1951 Kaiser Special
1952 Allstate Deluxe

Need your classic car radio repaired? I repair vacuum tube radios