Author Topic: Found this today.  (Read 11881 times)

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
Found this today.
« on: November 23, 2009, 02:49:24 PM »
Hello, I'm new here, never heard before of the Kaiser till today.

I visited today an old lady (88) in my hometown and I knew from saying that there was an old almost unused car kind of rotting away in a old overgrown garage behind the house.

My interest is taking photo's so I tried to make a few photo's of the old car, at the garage I found out that a little window was broken which made me able to take a few impressions.

The lady don't remember the exact details of the car, the only thing she remebered was that the car was a Kaiser, was bought new, owned and driven very shortimed by her father. The car has run just a few miles and it's standing absolutely still since a very long time.

Hope you enjoy to see this, do you recognize the model and if, could you please tell me little more about the car.

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:25:04 AM by Joey-Jan.com »

51henryj

Re: Found this today.
« Reply #1 on: November 23, 2009, 03:01:25 PM »
Now thats a Cool Barn Find..    Were you able to puchase it?? 

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: November 23, 2009, 03:11:32 PM »
...tell me please a little more bout the car...

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #3 on: November 23, 2009, 03:38:17 PM »
It is a 49 (or 50 which was just leftover 49s) Kaiser.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #4 on: November 23, 2009, 03:54:17 PM »
...hello ben-tex, is that the model, or just the mark of the car, forgive me my unknowledge, think it's a rare car to import in those days to Holland but am not sure of that...

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #5 on: November 23, 2009, 03:55:40 PM »
...think the age could be correct, that's what the lady said, a few years after second world war...

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #6 on: November 23, 2009, 05:09:51 PM »
Were you able to puchase it?? 

...should I Henry...

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: November 23, 2009, 05:10:48 PM »
It's a 1949 or 1950 Kaiser all right.  However, the series (Special or Deluxe) and the body type (4-door sedan or hatchback) cannot be determined from these photos.  One needs to see side view and rear view for that or the information off the body tag found on the firewall inside the engine compartment.  If you can get me that info at kaiserfrazerlibrary@yahoo.com I can tell you more about the car.

Jack Mueller
Club Historian

ben-tex

• View Profile
    • KF NUT
« Reply #8 on: November 23, 2009, 05:28:44 PM »
I see your reference to Holland. Is the car in Holland? Kaisers were actually built in Holland at Rotterdam in case you are interested.
Life Member
Quarterly Editor 1985-2001
Developed first official club website
1951 Kaiser Deluxe
1951 Frazer Vagabond
2008 Pacemaker :)

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #9 on: November 23, 2009, 06:13:25 PM »
...thanks for the reactions so far, yes the car is in Holland, this is the only rear shot I was able to get (I could open the garagedoor just a little)...

« Last Edit: July 16, 2011, 03:27:22 AM by Joey-Jan.com »

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #10 on: November 23, 2009, 09:01:32 PM »
Nice find! KF built cars in Rotterdam from kits that were essentially whole cars that were disassembled to a point and then crated and shipped overseas. There was a small assembly building in Rotterdam where the cars were put back together using some local parts (tires, etc). What you found is probably one of them. If it's not too rusty...and it doesn't look like it is...it's well worth obtaining!

51henryj

« Reply #11 on: November 24, 2009, 01:39:58 AM »
I wouldnt spend to much on it.. but it would be a neat car to own..  from the pictures , it looks pretty solid.. whats the rest like? were you able to see any thing underneath the car? these guys here are very knowledgable.. they know there Kaisers,, maybe they could chime in on a fair price..

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #12 on: November 24, 2009, 12:23:10 PM »
...spoke with a man today, he's interested in old cars, he told me he saw this car some years ago, saw it out of the garage and checked it, the man told me the car is lost, totaly rotten, nothing really good left to rebuild it...

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #13 on: November 24, 2009, 03:35:56 PM »
The car is probably a 1949 Kaiser Deluxe 4-door sedan.  I base that on the exhaust deflector and that most of the 1949's built at Rotterdam were either Deluxe 4-doors or Traveler hatchbacks.

If the car is not restorable, would the owner be interested in selling me the firewall body tag and the door post serial number plate?  I would like to get a proper set of Rotterdam tags for my collection.

Jack Mueller
Club Historian

Joey-Jan.com

• View Profile
« Reply #14 on: November 24, 2009, 06:00:45 PM »
...don't know Jack, will ask for it, don't really know what you mean by "the firewall body tag and the door post serial number plate", sorry bout that, what you think if the car is totaly rotten it's worth, I mean, what's the price to eventualy offer for it...