Author Topic: Darrin at Hershey last week  (Read 2385 times)

Dan Green

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Darrin at Hershey last week
« Reply #15 on: June 10, 2020, 01:09:35 PM »
Thanks for the compliments!

I received a call from the new owner, it did sell but I don't know the price.  The new owner is in New Jersey.

The asking price was a screaming deal!  My late client DeWayne would be rolling over in the grave.

The red Darrin we have in my shop now is up from Los Angeles.
We're fitting the project with a hard top.  It's coming along very nicely, we'll be ready to start paint work soon.

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #16 on: June 11, 2020, 06:47:58 AM »
I have an original hardtop for my car but it's missing the hardware and gaskets. I'd like to reach out to see what you used. Would that be possible?

Dan Green

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #17 on: June 11, 2020, 09:17:30 AM »
Hi joefrazer.

I'd be happy to talk with you.  801-808-4341

The hardtop we installed on the yellow Darrin seemed to be an original, the fiberglass we definitely old.  It was a little different from the top we're putting on the red car in my shop now which we bought from Mark in Colorado. 
We custom fabricated moldings and trim to the 9's on the yellow car!  Again, NO EXPENSE SPARED! 

I'm sure you all have seen the correspondence from Dutch about the hardtops, it seemed he would do anything you wanted from ship you a crude top to finish it out on your car.
If a person bought a top it was artistic license from there, up to the owner what to do with it.  Thats why we went crazy on the yellow car with moldings, interior and exterior, custom latches and corresponding catch trim on the pillars, weatherstripping, and even the vintage sun visors that DeWayne wanted...It was as if he had bought it from Dutch and had us finish it!

We fabricated a "buck" to make rear acrylic windows for the hardtops as well.  We have thousands of $$ into our buck and the window fits well.