Author Topic: State of the Club ?  (Read 1480 times)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
State of the Club ?
« on: February 20, 2018, 10:48:40 AM »
It looks like the administrators deleted the whole thread?  I just went in to check for new comments and could not locate it.  My intention was not political but rather to see what the strengths and weaknesses were and bring up the alliance issue with other independents.  Now it's gone? 

If administrators delete one of my posts, please just let me know.  I won't raise a stink, I just search and search. 
No old cars owned.

mbflemingkf

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: State of the Club ?
« Reply #1 on: February 20, 2018, 12:43:47 PM »
Maybe its in the For Members Only section?
KFOCI #4818, Since 1982

Rear view mirror:
1954 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in FL)
1955 Kaiser Manhattan, 2 Door (Now in TX)
1953 Kaiser Manhattan, 4 Door (Now in Australia)
Thousands of parts & literature (All over the world)

joefrazer

• View Profile
« Reply #2 on: February 20, 2018, 01:23:10 PM »
PM sent.

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: State of the Club ? AND MUSEUM CLOSINGS
« Reply #3 on: May 28, 2018, 08:53:59 AM »
The interest in old cars appears to be declining.  This WSJ article was on the internet today.
Enjoy,
Jerry

https://www.nytimes.com/2018/05/10/business/car-museums-closing.html?action=click&module=Associated&pgtype=Article&region=Footer&contentCollection=Wheels

Bulletin Editor

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #4 on: May 28, 2018, 11:25:38 AM »
Expect to see more museums close and more collections head to auction ... If you have a favorite museum, 2018 will be a good year to pay it a visit, or better yet, make a cash donation.” 

Please help preserve the cars and history of KF at the Ypsilanti Automotive Heritage Museum. If you haven't been there, or haven't been in a while, add it to your "To Do" list ~ it's well worth the investment of your time and $5 admission fee. And please consider joining Jack & I as a "Friend" of the museum to show your support and help develop and upgrade exhibits: http://ypsiautoheritage.org/

Barbara Mueller
1952 Henry J Corsair deLuxe
KFOCI Secretary  secretary@kfclub.com
Bulletin Editor  bulletin@kfclub.com

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #5 on: May 30, 2018, 08:45:18 AM »
I think a huge mistake museums have made is making them "static"  DON'T TOUCH!   Transportation museums need to make the experience 3D.  Like the Illinois Railroad Museum.  They RUN trains constantly. 

We have talked about some museums incorporating motion in the visit.  GREAT IDEA!  I can't own many of these cars in museums.  At most, some of us can own a few and drive them occasionally but museums have so much more. 

Corvettes, old muscle cars, and specific to this forum - I have never ridden in a KF like most of you.  I would pay $10 for a 5 mile ride in any KF. 

I have a Buick friend with a rare body style of a 37 Roadmaster.  I asked him if I could ride in it at the next Buick National meet.  He said "Ride in it?? You are going to drive it!"   wow. 
No old cars owned.

Jerry Wilbeck

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #6 on: May 30, 2018, 09:33:31 AM »
Come to Texas and you can drive mine!

kaiserfrazerlibrary

• KFOCI Historian
    • AOL Instant Messenger - none
    • Yahoo Instant Messenger - none
    • View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #7 on: May 30, 2018, 09:55:01 AM »
Do you seriously want to keep interest in K-F or Willys products alive; of course we do!!!  Take your car to as many of the general old car shows (non-muscie car only, non-single make only and non hot rod/dragster only) in your area.  When you get there, stay with your car.  There will be people who have never seen a car like yours before and will be curious.  You can talk to them and answer their questions.  Show them our cars are among the best values around in the lower-price end of the hobby.  Show them the KFOCI MONTHLY BULLETIN and current QUUARTERLY issues so they can see what we do and what things cost within the KFOCI. 

There are younger people out there (spectators) who have an interest in old cars (1940's-1950's) but want something that will not become a money pit.  They are interested in something eye-catching and within their budget.  They want something they can get parts for at least mechanical parts.   We as KFOCI Club Members have to show them what we have to offer.  OLD CARS, HEMMINGS publications and other old car magazines already know what the club does for its members.  It is up to us to SHOW them we fill the bill!

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #8 on: May 30, 2018, 10:00:50 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread, we have the American Driving Museum (https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/) here in Southern California where every Sunday you can drive in cars from their museum!!!
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

Roadmaster49

• View Profile
    • Email
« Reply #9 on: May 31, 2018, 09:40:34 AM »
As I mentioned in another thread, we have the American Driving Museum (https://www.automobiledrivingmuseum.org/) here in Southern California where every Sunday you can drive in cars from their museum!!!

That's correct. I remember your comments.  Now, the question is - is it making a difference in attendance and revenue for that museum. 
No old cars owned.