Author Topic: Classic Car Show, Orange County California  (Read 606 times)

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
Classic Car Show, Orange County California
« on: March 24, 2019, 01:27:24 PM »
Just got this on a newsfeed site.  It's about the third year for the Classic Car Show that moved from the LA Convention Center to the Orange County Fairgrounds.  This article highlighted my 1953 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe.

https://journal.classiccars.com/2019/03/23/classic-car-show-enjoys-its-new-venue/
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)

j762538

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Classic Car Show, Orange County California
« Reply #1 on: March 24, 2019, 01:41:50 PM »
Cool. Didn't you open the back? My Classic Car will be at the Medford cruise and car show this year and I hope to show Dennis my Traveler.
51 Kaiser Deluxe Traveler 2 door
54 Kaiser Early Special 4 door

pjkaiser

• View Profile
    • Email
Re: Classic Car Show, Orange County California
« Reply #2 on: March 24, 2019, 02:06:58 PM »
No, I did not because I have too many small items and I didn't want to stay with the car from 5:30 am to 8:30 pm on Saturday, 7 am to 6 pm on Sunday.   Too many people do not teach their children to look but don't touch, So I chose to leave it closed up with my normal two brochures explaining the car.   I went and toured the rest of the show and I worked the Petersen Booth for a few hours, as I am a Docent at the Petersen Automotive Museum and have been for 22 years.   If I attend next year, I will request inside storage and will put up some sort of barrier around the car.   I didn't like leaving my car there overnight, outside.
54 Darrin # 81
53 Kaiser Traveler Deluxe
51 Custom Henry J (Concept Car?)